sharp pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
PIC_0007.JPG

hi guys...would like to know if this is considered a sharp pic...
taken with a 1 or 2 megapixel cam(not sure) with one magnifying glasses taped to the front
:)

only the center is sharp. You can see a noticeable fallout in sharpness around the edges.

yar hor..u no say i also dunnoe...what u think if i use the cam as a macro only cam.
is it sharp enuff?:dunno:

Are you using one of those camera phones!?!

We all know how great the image quality can get, so don't bother.
Also, sharpness is a matter of taste. You say its sharp, I say it can be sharper. So if you're happy then so be it.

is that barell distortion that i see? hmmm..

solarii said:
Are you using one of those camera phones!?!

We all know how great the image quality can get, so don't bother.
Also, sharpness is a matter of taste. You say its sharp, I say it can be sharper. So if you're happy then so be it.
nopee...it is a free camera... benQ......go it a few yrs back....
i thinking use a old cam and make it in to a macro only cam(my hodliday project):

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG
:dunno: :angel:

seanlim said:
nopee...it is a free camera... benQ......go it a few yrs back....
i thinking use a old cam and make it in to a macro only cam(my hodliday project):

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG
:dunno: :angel:

Not too bad for a home made lash up like that. You might try a larger magnifying glass to reduce distortion and curvature at the edges.

Verywierd said:
Not too bad for a home made lash up like that. You might try a larger magnifying glass to reduce distortion and curvature at the edges.
hmm...any idea where to buy those big big cheap cheap glasses?:)

seanlim said:
hmm...any idea where to buy those big big cheap cheap glasses?:)

Stationery shops? Popular bookstore?

In the past when I still had my A40, that produced good macros with a 15X magnifying glass mounted over the front with a bit of blue tack. I think the blurred edges you're seeing is the result of the extremely shallow depth of field. From play with my DIY apparatus, the DOF is mere millimeters, and the closest focusing distance is around 3cm. The furthest focussing distance is not much more.

These magnifying glasses are available from places that sell collectors coins and stamps, and might be called a jeweler's loupe, used also by watchmakers. This is what it looks like:

Jeweller_s_Loupe_CS.jpg

fWord said:
In the past when I still had my A40, that produced good macros with a 15X magnifying glass mounted over the front with a bit of blue tack. I think the blurred edges you're seeing is the result of the extremely shallow depth of field. From play with my DIY apparatus, the DOF is mere millimeters, and the closest focusing distance is around 3cm. The furthest focussing distance is not much more.

These magnifying glasses are available from places that sell collectors coins and stamps, and might be called a jeweler's loupe, used also by watchmakers. This is what it looks like:

Jeweller_s_Loupe_CS.jpg

...i think i have seen it b4...but ex and hard to find
:dunno:

seanlim said:
...i think i have seen it b4...but ex and hard to find
:dunno:

No lah...I might have paid $15 for this, and it's a mighty fine accessory for extreme macro work with a compact digicam. It produces results that makes people go, "HOLY!! How did you do that?!" :bsmilie:

You managed to do that with a BENQ and a magnifying glass? Bravo! Great Job regardless of what others may say.

Would love to see what you can do with a DSLR.

Cheers!

Verywierd said:

lycan said:
You managed to do that with a BENQ and a magnifying glass? Bravo! Great Job regardless of what others may say.

Would love to see what you can do with a DSLR.

Cheers!
OMG....that's flattering..thank you:D

I think it is good to experiment and try out new things.
As long this image is good enough for u, why bother what others think ?? :dunno:
Maybe, u can make use of your own innovation to take some special pics.
Keep up that spirit !!!:thumbsup:

rainman said:
Looks like bread..Is it?
you have seen pink bread?:bsmilie: :bigeyes:
its a sponge:D

Status
Not open for further replies.