Sharp Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi CS Photo Expert,
Need advise on how to get rid of the Sharp Edge of Digital Photo.
Taken some phot of China Town building and found Sharp edge on all the photo.
Please advise

People_s_Park_Center_Crop.jpg
[/IMG]

come again, WHAT?

Rhpe3159 said:
The picture have sharp edges (like Saw).
Look very obvious when displayed as background for computer screen.
you mean it's pixelated? :dunno:

Rhpe3159 said:
Hi CS Photo Expert,
Need advise on how to get rid of the Sharp Edge of Digital Photo.
Taken some phot of China Town building and found Sharp edge on all the photo.
Please advise

People_s_Park_Center_Crop.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi there! :)

May I know what format did you shoot in? JPEG (L) or RAW?

Shooting in JPEG (L) will enable you to print up to 8R or Super 8R size photo and resolution is 300dpi. Should be good enuff for clear and real sharp image quality. However if you happened to shoot in JPEG with lower resolution and can only print up to 6R size photo, then you may have a serious problem in image quality llike sharpness especially on the edges, which look jaggy. Like what you have described as "saw-like cutting blade edges".

Either you shoot in JPEG (L) or even better in RAW format with which you'll have more control in editing the brightness, contrast and color corrections as well. In Adobe Photoshop, you can try High Pass filter efx (under Filter menu - Others). Then change the layer blend mode to (a) Overlay, or (b) soft light, or (c) hard light. thereafter the image color will be highly saturated and you can then lower the layer opacity, until you get the desired efx you want/like. :)

Worse come to worst, you have to do the reshoot which I strongly suggest you do. You'll save alot of trouble doing all those photo editing stuff. Pretty much straight forward, don't you think? :wink:

Mezzotint said:
Hi there! :)

May I know what format did you shoot in? JPEG (L) or RAW?

:wink:

Hi,

Thks for your advise.
The photo was shot at Raw & JPEG (L), using 12-24mm nikon lens.
Edited with Nikon Capture 4.3 using the Noise Reduction Mode.
Did not experience using other Lenses, except 12-24 nikon lens could it be the lens having alignment problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.