Sharing of Actual Day Equipment setup?

rain5533

Apr 14, 2009
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
Hi, yesterday when to my friend wedding actual day in JB and saw the professional AD photographer and them only using the basic APSC body with 3rd party lenses setup.
For Speed light with EX430 or some 3rd party flash light and instead with LED light.

But the overall cost with videographer for the package paid, was not that bad.

So how does in the Singapore markets and shall be customer minimum requirement stuff.

Thanks.

Last edited:
for what I see here, most newbies wedding photographers use better set up then the pros.

using 5D or D800E plus pro lens to shoot wedding and print 4R photos, guarantee the photos very tok gong no horse run. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

catchlights said:
for what I see here, most newbies wedding photographers use better set up then the pros.

using 5D or D800E plus pro lens to shoot wedding and print 4R photos, guarantee the photos very tok gong no horse run. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like that from my point, if who ever using like D700 or 5D2 is consider very very over pay in JB market :)

Good both of FF body still going very strong in the 2nd hand or AD photographer

Went to Taiwan photogr friends gig in Taiwan he was shooting canon 50D at the beach pre wedding and their package very expensive. My singapore friend with d3s said his camera better but Taiwan guy says 'yeah but your pictures are worthless coz you are measuring it with tech, which makes things depreciate fast, mine is measure with heart and soul and art thus is very expensive and priceless.' scrolls thru the d3s LCD back of holiday pics and snaps, "See? Junk, junk, All junk!" shows me LCD back of 50D with wedding couple inside "See? Art!". They are just frank like that. Singapore friend face red red.

Hey if you got just 2 megapixels worth of pic but that pic is of the princess' nipples, it's going to sell 2 million dollars.

ed9119 said:
TS did you use Google Translate to help post ?

Don't worry which part can't understand and remark and I will try to solve up.

Sorry due to my lack english typing.

Last edited:
most msia. wedding photogs shoot with that kind of setup. cheap also their pricing. not sure about end product tho.

eleveninth said:
most msia. wedding photogs shoot with that kind of setup. cheap also their pricing. not sure about end product tho.

But do u imaging my friend paying?
Rm3500 = $1,400 ha ha don't believed right

Went to Taiwan photogr friends gig in Taiwan he was shooting canon 50D at the beach pre wedding and their package very expensive. My singapore friend with d3s said his camera better but Taiwan guy says 'yeah but your pictures are worthless coz you are measuring it with tech, which makes things depreciate fast, mine is measure with heart and soul and art thus is very expensive and priceless.' scrolls thru the d3s LCD back of holiday pics and snaps, "See? Junk, junk, All junk!" shows me LCD back of 50D with wedding couple inside "See? Art!". They are just frank like that. Singapore friend face red red.

Hey if you got just 2 megapixels worth of pic but that pic is of the princess' nipples, it's going to sell 2 million dollars.

love it! BEST!!!!

yeah..... last time shoot wedding with D70, got couple friend hobbyist use high end like d2 or d2x, cannot remember much that time but confirm bigger camera then mine.... and the friend say i am not pro.... ****..... then when give 300 4R in album, the couple says lucky i am there......

Not the set up, but how you wanna portray the weddings.

I am ready appreciated to see your reply here, next time this topic really can help up for newbie AD wedding setup.

that's something new to me
I have seen that in photography services directory.

but what so new about it? don't you see those who have not shot any weddings before also think they need a full frame plus pro lenses to shoot weddings.
if you use lesser than these, you ain't pro enough, can not offer tips to anyone in newbies corner.

catchlights said:
say say only lar, people will still go and get newer and better cameras.

You're right, for example like D7000 Good than x10 good, but ppls still think to upgrade into D600 or higher end body.

Just something i observed. Usually, whenever i go to wedding. There are bound to have many people from all kind of age likely to bring along their own camera..mainly for table shooting, or even for "uncle bob-ing". Problem is. most of the time perhaps 6 out of 10 times. Those attending the wedding would usually carry gears that are more expensive or superior than the hire photographer.

Problem is the 1 that is hired. Probably shoot for a living. Whereas, those who are carrying better gears are those who are behind the computer or etc compared to the 1 who shoot for a living. :bsmilie:
Even now i feel like cameras are slowly becoming a gadget to "show off" :confused:

TWmilkteaTW said:
Just something i observed. Usually, whenever i go to wedding. There are bound to have many people from all kind of age likely to bring along their own camera..mainly for table shooting, or even for "uncle bob-ing". Problem is. most of the time perhaps 6 out of 10 times. Those attending the wedding would usually carry gears that are more expensive or superior than the hire photographer.

Problem is the 1 that is hired. Probably shoot for a living. Whereas, those who are carrying better gears are those who are behind the computer or etc compared to the 1 who shoot for a living. :bsmilie:
Even now i feel like cameras are slowly becoming a gadget to "show off" :confused:

Nice! This is very true..