Sharing My Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pufferfishy

Jun 11, 2004
Malaysia
astherlau.com
Hi All!

This is my first time here in this forum. Would like to share with you guys & gals my photo albums. Mostly are pics taken from my dive trips.

My Albums' Link

Do feel free to comment and advice.

:D

Wow!

Welcome, Welcom, seems like our moderator not around to welcome you.... :)

Some nice shots there... why not post a couple in the mini competion! :D

Thank you, Gildow.

Am thinking bout joining the competition but then again, I am not interested in the prize. Wouldn't want to spoil other ppl's chance of winning the prize, ler. (Dat is IF I win , which will be very doubtful! ;p )

Gildow said:
Wow!

Welcome, Welcom, seems like our moderator not around to welcome you.... :)

Some nice shots there... why not post a couple in the mini competion! :D
i already welcomed her on pm, boy ... ^_^

loads of pictures to see!!!! very nice!!! :)
I esp like "divers turtle" looks like the turtle wants to be part of the groups of divers. looks almost like documentary style.

"Seafans" is nice too. got mood. Dunno about the colour (or lack of it) tho but that contributes to the mood.

"unknown" is attractive too.

Haven't had time to look thru the rest. see u around.

is it just me but the resolution of the pics look lacking. a bit blur.

DTan said:
is it just me but the resolution of the pics look lacking. a bit blur.
do you mean you find the pics rather soft? i actually like that effect but for wide angled shots. i had "talked"to pufferfishy on another forum before, and her pictures are using ambient light with manual white balance. i like the effects leh.

Good works!

I can tell you must be a regular photographer (on land) and have a good idea for composition.

Would be even better if you can better balance strobe and uw ambient lighting, as some of the shots show obvious PS enhancements.

But overall, very impressive shots indeed.

beivied said:
i already welcomed her on pm, boy ... ^_^

hey, can;t blame me for trying... :bsmilie:

Gildow said:
hey, can;t blame me for trying... :bsmilie:

haha, well, at least you helped me welcome her ma... no comments on the photos?

I especially liked the more 'abstract' photos such as Air Bubbles, Sunshine and Squids Under the Jetty. Its refreshing and rewarding. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

beivied said:
haha, well, at least you helped me welcome her ma... no comments on the photos?

**personal taste...I think pretty nice...but I cannot stand the fact that most of the picture does not depict what we see underwater nor actual color of subject....seems abit "not right" for me...but then again...it's personal, not saying her method is no good or picture is no good.... :bsmilie:

Some nice composition though...something that I need to improve on... :embrass:

Pufferfishy said:
Thank you, Gildow.

Am thinking bout joining the competition but then again, I am not interested in the prize. Wouldn't want to spoil other ppl's chance of winning the prize, ler. (Dat is IF I win , which will be very doubtful! ;p )

hmm...no problem lar...juz join for the sake of joining....When you do win, you can always pass on the strobe usage to anyone who wanna try their hands on! you still get some digital print... :)

beivied said:
do you mean you find the pics rather soft? i actually like that effect but for wide angled shots.

i'm not talking about soft focus. i'm saying that the resolution looks low. dunno how to explain. it's like u use a 1megapixel camera and stretch the picture too big then u see the drop in photo quality. something like that.

DTan said:
i'm not talking about soft focus. i'm saying that the resolution looks low. dunno how to explain. it's like u use a 1megapixel camera and stretch the picture too big then u see the drop in photo quality. something like that.

i like the land photos, very nicely taken.

the underwater ones are quite bluish, you zoomed in? or not using any flash at all?

lovells19 said:
i like the land photos, very nicely taken.

the underwater ones are quite bluish, you zoomed in? or not using any flash at all?
most of her shots are using no flash, and manual white balance.

DTan said:
loads of pictures to see!!!! very nice!!! :)
I esp like "divers turtle" looks like the turtle wants to be part of the groups of divers. looks almost like documentary style.

"Seafans" is nice too. got mood. Dunno about the colour (or lack of it) tho but that contributes to the mood.

"unknown" is attractive too.

Haven't had time to look thru the rest. see u around.

Thank you for the comments. The "Divers Turtle" was a "at the right time and place" scenario.

The "seafans" color scheme was purposely done as I don't have external strobe to play with. Plus, visibility was OK only.

If u're talking bout the "unknown" of red little critters on the sponge, well... it's a Fluke Shot ;p

DTan said:

You're rite DTan!

The actual resolution of the pics taken from the Canon Ixus 400 was 180 pixels/inch with a size of 1704 x 2272 pixels.

I actually cropped the pics and resized the resolution to smaller so easier for me to upload to the server.

Am so new with PS dat I can't really see the diff. ;p It takes a pro ler to know. Hehehe... So far, I've not technical skills, rather shoot with my eyes and feelings. :lovegrin:

eel said:
I especially liked the more 'abstract' photos such as Air Bubbles, Sunshine and Squids Under the Jetty. Its refreshing and rewarding. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

I like those abstracts shots too! Hehehe... A pic speaks a thousand words!

Gildow said:
**personal taste...I think pretty nice...but I cannot stand the fact that most of the picture does not depict what we see underwater nor actual color of subject....seems abit "not right" for me.

Er... Can help explain more why you feel the pics don depict wat we see UW? Most of the closed-up pics are of its actual colors. Not to say I never use PS to edit the colors and contrast. But, usually I don't have to level-up the colors, etc. for the closed-up pics cos there will be no diff. after trying.

I'd like to know so I can learn something here bout my pics lor. As I sed earlier, am just a novice. Started one year ago with just the Ixus 400, and now the Ixus 500 with no extra lenses nor strobes. Still playing around with watever features that are built into the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.