Share TZ1 pictures here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you won't mind getting brand new from eBay, current "buy it price" is SGD410 plus goodies. Shouldn't exceed SGD500 incl shipping. Probably only international warranty. Shipping usually within 2-3weeks. Otherwise you can still decline credit payment at your end.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Panasonic-Lu...QQihZ001QQcategoryZ114273QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks anglim, it's much cheaper, 15-20%.:bsmilie:

Hi,

I am also interested to get this camera and thus have checked out a few things that can be use for reference.

FYI:

International Warranty:
I have checked with Panasonic Singapore and apparantly there are different types of international warranty in the US. It would be good to ask clearly if the warranty cover Singapore... (dropped an email to the ebay seller and am awaiting his reply).

Camera Colour:
There are 3 colours available here in Singapore, Blue, Black and Silver.. I think Blue is only exclusive available in Asia

Price:
I randomly check with one of the camera shop at Far East and the price before bargaining was $597 without any freebies...

Will update if I have any more info...

:)

P/S: I think the blue and the black look good.. :)

f0a539060f993c7dc7e3ab8e3022a9d1-.jpg

7c41066256fec0f494d091c32733ff02-.jpg

So it's not true that TZ1 is good only for outdoor day shots. The exposure and colour are well set for these shots. Seems the flash is off. Can you let uis know the colour setting, duration of shutter and ISO.

It's quite incredible not to notice any noise under such conditions.

So it's not true that TZ1 is good only for outdoor day shots. The exposure and colour are well set for these shots. Seems the flash is off. Can you let uis know the colour setting, duration of shutter and ISO.

It's quite incredible not to notice any noise under such conditions.

Yup, the flash was off.
I used portrait setting for these photos along w 1/4s exposure, no tripod used.
Iso is set to 80 (Portrait setting).

If white balance is on auto, then the camera must have done a good job for those lantern shots.

Yup, the flash was off.
I used portrait setting for these photos along w 1/4s exposure, no tripod used.
Iso is set to 80 (Portrait setting).

it was commented by major magzine that noise rate is high after ISO 200 and that the noise reduction cause lost of details. how far is it true?? i am eyeing for TZ1 for my bday present;p

it was commented by major magzine that noise rate is high after ISO 200 and that the noise reduction cause lost of details. how far is it true?? i am eyeing for TZ1 for my bday present;p

Personally i dun think noise is high even at iso400, however there will be reduction of details at that lvl. However there are indeed noise in some shadow areas.

If you refer to my earlier extract from dpreview, TZ-1 seems alot better than some popular models even beyond ISO200. Interestingly, comments about loss of details from the noise suppression is not shown in the review.

I am beginning to suspect some reviews out there have hidden commercial interest. Got to read weigh them with other reviews and better still hear from the owners. Finding TZ-1 owners from forums and review might not be difficult.

Perhaps, there could be an increasing market shifting away from the main stream brands for those come-and-go models. Afterall, most are mass produced and no longer made in Japan. Recent steep price cut might suggest the difference is mostly in the expensive commercials and unfortunately comments given in some reviews.

:thumbsup: Phantasmal. You have use the TZ1 to it's full potential. Nice pics you've got here.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.