Shanghai

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanycjw

Dec 25, 2008
Singapore
Just back from Shanghai and HuangShan 上海,黃山. Just to share these photo. Nice place and a must go.

Shanghai by night

HuangShan View

Shanghai is a vibrant city, the suitable time to visit in a year will be during autumn (~End of Sept to early Nov) and spring (~Mid Mac to early May). Yet recently this time period transition has become less obvious.

For last year, early autumn comes with some rains, when coming to winter it become less rain, but the day time is shorter. it get dark around 4.30 pm. For mid spring, it get bright around 5.10 am.

French concession is a good place to wander around. Various beautiful landscape / buildings.

The bund (外滩) offers the iconic view of Pu Dong (浦东).

Jin Mao building at Pu Dong gives you a beautiful view of Shanghai. Personally I suggest go to Jin Mao and you can see the Dong Fang Ming Zhu (东方明珠), but not the other way round.

Short day tours to vicinity area of shanghai is a good choice, example Zhu Jia Jiao 朱家角, Zhou Zhuang 周庄, and many more. Go shanghai stadium travelers meeting point (旅游集散中心) to find out more.

Public transport in Shanghai is relatively cheap.

However, my personal opinion, don't go now, maybe wait until next year's spring or autumn, as recently a lot of construction work for the 2010 world expo (May), so various scenic location has been covered with those construction stuff, not good for photography.

Last but not least, a friend of mine working in travel industry said that travel to China is best to do by following travel agent / tours from here, to get cheaper deal.

But I like self control of my time.

that's my home,welcome u go shanghai again
here is some of my pictures taken in shanghai,plstake a look and C&C ,thks
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504505

You have a nice home town. Photos taken by you are places that I have been too.
I love Shanghai.

One more humble shot fm me.:embrass:
3602306923_d7d1948af5_o.jpg

3569205059_8f98b24496_o.jpg

Thankx

Last edited:
Agreed that Shanghai is a vibrant city, the suitable time to visit in a year will be during autumn.

Last 2 weeks when I was in Shanghai, it grew dark early and morning get bright at 4.30am.
I'm managed to have my breakfast at the road side, got myself a bowl or 'Wan Tann' that cost me $5 RMB and they serve it hot.

Construction work for the 2010 world expo is a mess now, the Shanghai Tang beach is closed now for upgrading. Going to Carrefour in town, I have to made a big round because the monsoon drain are being blocked for upgrading for the same purposes.

Following travel agent to China is necessary, the proviences is too big and sometime taking public transport or train can loss direction too (Like me) ending up taking a cab but it cheap anyway. Most important is knowing Mandarin speaking better still know their culture and some history of china will add advantages.

Agreed that Shanghai is a vibrant city, the suitable time to visit in a year will be during autumn.

Last 2 weeks when I was in Shanghai, it grew dark early and morning get bright at 4.30am.
I'm managed to have my breakfast at the road side, got myself a bowl or 'Wan Tann' that cost me $5 RMB and they serve it hot.

Construction work for the 2010 world expo is a mess now, the Shanghai Tang beach is closed now for upgrading. Going to Carrefour in town, I have to made a big round because the monsoon drain are being blocked for upgrading for the same purposes.

Following travel agent to China is necessary, the proviences is too big and sometime taking public transport or train can loss direction too (Like me) ending up taking a cab but it cheap anyway. Most important is knowing Mandarin speaking better still know their culture and some history of china will add advantages.

r u often to go there? welcome u go there again,though i m in Singapore;)

For those who read Chinese, a 2RMB map will help a lot. Include all public transport (train and bus) info. showing most bus route (stated the stations name), in Chinese. Learn how to read the station name and can travel easy in the town. most bus only cost 2 RMB per trip, regardless of the length of journey.

Some bus that travel to outskirt of town will depends on the distance. A bus travel from People Square to Bao Shan (宝山) area cost 6 RMB. Went there to 'feel' the Yang Tze river.

actually best to avoid world expo... the queue at airport could be 2-3 hrs just to clear customs. not to mention double or triple the price of hotel rooms.

This could be true, but as World expo last for 6 month, can go in the mid autumn (say Oct), should be fine. IMO, unless really no choice, but if plans had set to go next year, don't really have to purposely avoid the expo. Yet, of course not advice to go in the first few month of the expo.

Edit: should be autumn, not winter....

Last edited:
This could be true, but as World expo last for 6 month, can go in the mid winter (say Oct), should be fine. IMO, unless really no choice, but if plans had set to go next year, don't really have to purposely avoid the expo. Yet, of course not advice to go in the first few month of the expo.

agree~~~~;) Oct is okay,not so warm and not so cold,the temperature is around 15-24

ha ha Shanghai is just too vibrant and too much to eat for me to concentrate on shooting

r u often to go there? welcome u go there again,though i m in Singapore;)

Did you miss your home town? , I bring to to Carrefour for a walk lah.

3661589488_e7165c8e6f.jpg

3660789839_41fe2e536c.jpg

see the orange/white tend? prompting the beans curd grinder, very good soak the beans then place them inside the juice grinder (they have heater build-in) so when it done just pour out can drink HOT bean curb drink already. Singapore can't find (they are advance in tech)....Great.:thumbsup:

Old houses near Carrefour..... remenber!!!
3661588998_82e86e6ce2.jpg

any fellow CSer stationes perm in shanghai??

any fellow CSer stationes perm in shanghai??

I have been roamed there and have some ideas / opinion about the town. Need advice?

I spent 3 months as an intern in Shanghai, sometimes the skyscapers just give me a headache. But personally I so love shopping on ShaanXi South Rd (陕西南路) and Huai Hai Rd (淮海路)。
And the colonianl building lining the opposite of the bund, always always impress me.:D

haha, well i had been in shanghai for almost 2yrs..
will be looking forward to meet up you guys in shanghai..
maybe for photoshoot or kopi~~

Status
Not open for further replies.