Shall we bring the dry box for travel?

snowicezz

Dec 2, 2009
Singapore
Hi,

I am new in this forum. May I know if i am travel to a seasoned country, shall I bring the dry box for my camera?

Said in low temperature country, what is the things that we need to notice and do to protect the camera?

Thanks for sharing.:)

If is just 1-2 weeks, no need lah, unless you have 书童 to go with you to carry your barangbarang.

it really depends on the country, the humidity and the time you will be there..

also where you will be staying and how often you will be shooting...

If is just 1-2 weeks, no need lah, unless you have 书童 to go with you to carry your barangbarang.

Travel alone. haha. is about 1 week. Just saw a thread posted by other. He put the camera into the lock and lock plastic case. I think i should get one air tight. :bsmilie:

it really depends on the country, the humidity and the time you will be there..

also where you will be staying and how often you will be shooting...

7 days. and shooting for 7 days as the trip is just for photo shooting. =)

Don't bother with the additional bulk. Pack it into your camera bag, and if you're that kiasu, get some fresh silica gel packs and put them inside :)

Hi,

I am new in this forum. May I know if i am travel to a seasoned country, shall I bring the dry box for my camera?

Said in low temperature country, what is the things that we need to notice and do to protect the camera?

No need to bring. I come from a 4-season country. Humidity is usually drier than Singapore. Even in winter, the air is still drier than Singapore. All the moisture becomes ice. There's none left in the air. What you need to bring are some warm clothing and lip balm cos you will dry up and your wet lips will crack. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

now a days ppl are so kiasu

came back from my hokkiado trip, don't say my DSLR, even my mum compact camera was working fine despite the heavy rain... cold temp...

come on, holiday is for you to enjoy... not for you to worry end up u carring 1 dry box and putting all your stuff like hp into ziploc bag =.=

these machines are built to have a certain amount of endurance.. so no point treating it like a piece of porcelain...

There's no need for a dry box.

Dry Box in not needed!:nono:

BUT

Wipe dry if the precious gears get wet under rain or snow...

@lways let gear come out the breath the fresh air (exposed under sun better) instead of putting them in dry box is recommended.:thumbsup:

Because they are machine of taking pictures, not matter how expensive they are...:bsmilie:

All the best!

Best REgards,
Tim wonG

Hi,

Most important is to have a drying towel and the lens clensing kit with you.