Shall i bring my tripod along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Im still new on photo taking. And i be going to Sentosa this sat for the Zoukout event.

I was wondering, shall I bring my tripod along to snap the pic? But considering of the amount of ppl over there and the heavy equipment, do u all think I shall it still??

But at the same time I would like to capture Sunset and Sunrise on that day. I had no car to put the equipment. Damn..

Any one??

Shall I or not?

:)

there's always sunset and sunrise on another day. But there's only one zoukout event in a year...

y not ?
good to have one

if not, try to get a monopod

If you think you dun want to miss the opportunity for longer exposure, you can bring a light tripod.

if you wanna get a nice sunset/sunrise shot, better bring along a sturdy tripod. As for the Zoukout event, you might not need it, unless you'll be using a long and slower tele lens.

josho said:
Im still new on photo taking. And i be going to Sentosa this sat for the Zoukout event.

I was wondering, shall I bring my tripod along to snap the pic? But considering of the amount of ppl over there and the heavy equipment, do u all think I shall it still??

But at the same time I would like to capture Sunset and Sunrise on that day. I had no car to put the equipment. Damn..

Any one??

Shall I or not?

zoukout is your priority here right? if you going to squeeze in the crowd with a tripod for the whole event, you're going to be the most hated person there.
besides, i don't think the security will allow you to bring in the tripod.

Light tripod?? hm.. I was thinking can it hold on to FZ20. Moving along the crowds with tripod sound alittle to me though i can capture it without my shaky hand. Afraid the troublesome of tripod when I move along with the crowds as I might cause injury to them. :eek:X

My intention to snap Sunset/rise together with ZoukOnt arena. Aint sure how I going to capture it. :dunno:

Which stand is able to hold on FZ20 well enuff? :think:

Anyway, I just got the Cam and wun have long and slower tele lens.

sillyme said:
zoukout is your priority here right? if you going to squeeze in the crowd with a tripod for the whole event, you're going to be the most hated person there.
besides, i don't think the security will allow you to bring in the tripod.

I had a media pass to excess to every arena. Talking abt security.. i need to find out more.

I agree I be the most hated person there if I were to bring my tripod from Point A to Point B. LOL

Thats something which Im quite contradict abt. ;p

for practical reasons,

1. use some form of protection for the cam against water ie bring digicam will do (eg ziploc bag the digicam)

2. no need to bring tripod. because it makes u look conspicuous in the eyes of security. and there are other ways to overcome cam shake in low light. that will depend on your skill.

wah.. got media pass neh..

i think forget about the tripod and focus on the assignment at hand..
there's always alternatives to tripods..

vortex said:
bro...u wanna dance to PVD with your tripod meh? :bsmilie:

With Seb Fontaine as well. I might accidentally cut the power off with my tripod step on the cable while PVD is playing and he will be cursing and swearing at me for offing his Final Scratch. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sillyme said:
wah.. got media pass neh..

i think forget about the tripod and focus on the assignment at hand..
there's always alternatives to tripods..

May be u are right...

hehehe... I try my best..

Skill.. I aint there.. but hope everything goes fine..

Hope my batt wun went dry

If your main objective is zoukout then forget the tripod. It would more of a hindrance than help. One way to capture ur sunset sunrise is to get a simple table tripod and place it on a bench or ledge or table. Or sew a really cheap bean bag for ur cam to rest on.

events ... i dun really recommend a tripod...a good lens and flash would be some much mroe impt imho...

cheers//

;p Thanks ppl!

Dun have any add on lens. Just a FZ20, thats all. Had a flash but lower range type. Achiever

I shall keep the tripod away.

ARIGATO

for those going zoukout:

i got word that they allow cameras to be bought in this year.
no video cams though. but cameras are ok. dont even need a photo pass. :thumbsup:

vortex said:
for those going zoukout:

i got word that they allow cameras to be bought in this year.
no video cams though. but cameras are ok. dont even need a photo pass. :thumbsup:

Nod* I knew that thru Zouk Email. Camera allowd but restricted to some area which only Media Pass holder are able to access. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.