shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjflo23

Jul 27, 2006
rjflo23.multiply.com
hi...im a newbie to dslr, can any bro tell me is it ok/gud to use aperture mode since i hav unstable hand?

rjflo23 said:
hi...im a newbie to dslr, can any bro tell me is it ok/gud to use aperture mode since i hav unstable hand?

A rough gauge would be 1/focal length for 'steady' shots. No, if you have unstable hand, you should use a tripod, not use modes to compensate for it. Give it a try, practice shooting and you can control all the settings one day.

A monopod is also pretty helpful to stabilise the camera and lens...

try to maintain the minimum shutter speed to the length of the lens to keep movement to a min.
e.g.

1/50 and faster - 50mm
1/125 and faster - 125mm
1/300 and faster - 300mm
etc...

gt unstable hand then train ur hand to b stable...:bsmilie:
beside wat they ve pointed out...ur breathing method do make a diff oso...

Correct holding of the SLR will reduce camera shakes. You should be comfortable holding the camera as this will also help reduce shakes. Worst case use a tripod or monopod.

thanks for the replies bros.... anyway im still under training for wedding shots tats y i cant use tripods, though is a gud suggestion but definately i cant carry the tripod while keep chasing for position to shoot the bride and groom right? i actually tried m mode but somtimes my pic turns blur coz of my unstable hands... and discover tat using shutter mode helps me alot

Status
Not open for further replies.