shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetlife

Jul 20, 2009
hi!

Need help with my photos.

1) How to avoid shadows on the face? Especially when shooting where sunlight is at the side of the subject.Is flash needed to avoid this? Can spot meter help? If I PP the shadows, what software and what feature to use?

2) I just realized that my backgrounds are saturated. exposure is ok but I want it to be somehow washed out. Is this achievable during actual shoot? or if PP is neede,how to go about this?

post the photos up here so that we can advise further.

1) How to avoid shadows on the face? Especially when shooting where sunlight is at the side of the subject.Is flash needed to avoid this? Can spot meter help? If I PP the shadows, what software and what feature to use?

Change your angle to avoid shadows, or to fill in some flash at the shadow side. Metering is just to help you to get a correct exposure, not to overcome the problem when the F-stop difference is too large.

2) I just realized that my backgrounds are saturated. exposure is ok but I want it to be somehow washed out. Is this achievable during actual shoot? or if PP is neede,how to go about this?

That would be picture control (Nikon's term) which you are using. But with the in-body processing, you can't choose the part to be washed out, as the whole image will be "processed" to the colour mode you have set.

1) How to avoid shadows on the face? Especially when shooting where sunlight is at the side of the subject.Is flash needed to avoid this?

If the sunlight is coming from that lower angle it would have a different colour temperature than your flash. A simple reflector can help here to reduce shadows. Otherwise use a different angle if possible.

pls post the image in this thread and MOVE the thread to Critique

ok.i will create a thread in critic corner. thanks.

Fill in light will eliminate the shadows..

Status
Not open for further replies.