SGX plunge today, would you buy/hold/sell

SGX plunge today, would you buy/hold/sell/avoid

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dun buy now... this is NOT A CORRECTION, this is a start of bear market.

Fundamentals are changing , it is just how soon Asia Pacific will feel the heat of USA slowdown. Biggest consumer of USD$9.5 trillion dollars is in debts and heading for slower growth, China and India only can manage up to USD$2 trillion dollars, where to find USD$7 trillion dollars of shortfall ? it can never.:sweat:

Fundamentals are changing , it is just how soon Asia Pacific will feel the heat of USA slowdown. Biggest consumer of USD$9.5 trillion dollars is in debts and heading for slower growth, China and India only can manage up to USD$2 trillion dollars, where to find USD$7 trillion dollars of shortfall ? it can never.:sweat:

tot they always in debt one?:think: IIRC they even have a billboard debt counter. :sweat:

damn... are we expecting another situation similar to the late 90's?

should cash out now on Unit Trust while still in the gains? or hold a little longer?

Sell lah, told everybody to sell long time ago, see the other thread on sub prime, it's all donwhill from here, even if the market recovers, it's gonna be temporary. STI gains for 2007 has been wiped out, there is still along way down, maybe by a third before it settles.

think this cycle will never end......same problem with our econ now also.....cause of inflation, gahmen tried to increase pay here and there and hence operation expense increase too and when that happen, MNC or most companies will feel that they are not making a good margin profit and they will start to shuffle here and there and move on to other places where operation cost is cheaper or the big boys sitting up there will start to plan for operation "retrench"....then gahmen come "scold" us saying that we are not competitive enough, and we should take pay cuts......then after some time, when thing start to pick up again, the whole story repeat itself again. Sometimes really wonder do the pple up there got any brains or not... why can't they think a bit out of the box instead of using the old method of chopping heads or just sit there think with the asses, same thing goes for those who eat mee siam without "Harm". Just find that alot of policy in ********* is just plain slapping each other mouth with silly slaps here and there. Like the recent transport case, prevent pple from buying too many car, increase car price, encourage pple take public but now public increase and pple start to feel owning car more reasonable, go back to buy car again, then the thing start over again.....

err... I don't think US will drop from 9.5 trillion to 0 trillion.... so there will not be a 7 trillion shortfall.

But I do agree that it is the start of a bear market.

think this cycle will never end......same problem with our econ now also.....cause of inflation, gahmen tried to increase pay here and there and hence operation expense increase too and when that happen, MNC or most companies will feel that they are not making a good margin profit and they will start to shuffle here and there and move on to other places where operation cost is cheaper or the big boys sitting up there will start to plan for operation "retrench"....then gahmen come "scold" us saying that we are not competitive enough, and we should take pay cuts......then after some time, when thing start to pick up again, the whole story repeat itself again. Sometimes really wonder do the pple up there got any brains or not... why can't they think a bit out of the box instead of using the old method of chopping heads or just sit there think with the asses, same thing goes for those who eat mee siam without "Harm". Just find that alot of policy in ********* is just plain slapping each other mouth with silly slaps here and there. Like the recent transport case, prevent pple from buying too many car, increase car price, encourage pple take public but now public increase and pple start to feel owning car more reasonable, go back to buy car again, then the thing start over again.....

The global economy is about to slow down due to the sub prime lending in the US and you are talking about something irrelevant. :sweatsm:

gurus will say "sell even if it is a loss. if dont sell today, will lose even more tomorrow".

cash is king in a down market.

damn... are we expecting another situation similar to the late 90's?

should cash out now on Unit Trust while still in the gains? or hold a little longer?
if there's earnings then just sell. greed will be anyone's downfall

was still thinking of investing all my CPF before april fool
btw who is using FSM to buy Uts?
first time investing in Uts .. :)

Curiously, does anyone see this as a good opportunity to buy some quality blue chips if you extend your horizon, say beyond a year? I guess there is always a risk factor involved in any form of investments, and at the end of the day, it really bottoms down to your risk tolerance, holding power and the ultimately, the kind of return that you expect from your investment, e.g. would you be satisfied with the interests from your 1-year fixed deposit. To many, I guess the assessment lies whether you should lock your money in some shares for an "extended" period or look elsewhere for other investments that can gain a higher return.

Happy shooting and (yes) be careful with your money. :)

another terrible day today ..... closing to 2,800!

anyone here kanna big time? :cry:

Curiously, does anyone see this as a good opportunity to buy some quality blue chips if you extend your horizon, say beyond a year? I guess there is always a risk factor involved in any form of investments, and at the end of the day, it really bottoms down to your risk tolerance, holding power and the ultimately, the kind of return that you expect from your investment, e.g. would you be satisfied with the interests from your 1-year fixed deposit. To many, I guess the assessment lies whether you should lock your money in some shares for an "extended" period or look elsewhere for other investments that can gain a higher return.

Happy shooting and (yes) be careful with your money. :)

hey fren, not now... this time it is different. 2666 - 2750 is the next support.

I hope my advice will save many from heartaches. Many thought the usual method buying on dips will help making money when selling at high or rebound, well it may work, but this time the risk is high and upside will not be much.

we are not looking at a correction due to an overbought market, we are not looking at a shock effect from a terrorist attack, these past experiences happened when fundamentals were still good and strong, so buying into such was a good move.

But however this time is different, we are looking at "changing fundamentals". The biggest consumer is in debts from housing issues and heading for slower growth; possible a recession. USA is a $9.5 trillion dollar consumer, becos they import and buy alot, global economy grows plus China, China is around $1 trillion consumer while India is $650 billion consumer. Suppose USA cut consumption by 50% in a recession, the combined consumption of China and India will not be able to meet the shortfall of $4-5 trillion dollars to substain the current economic growth. So what will happen ? i guess u guys know the answer in your heart :cry:

The Fed will cut rates becos they may have no choice, but the dollar will drop if do so. Those who bought things like insurance or properties in USD dollars years back are now in great loss due to currency changes.

This bear is a super bear. Take care my frens.

:sweat:

50% consumption drop is unlikely, you will need a depression for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.