SGD $1000/- cash reward

Status
Not open for further replies.

d.a.photo

Mar 17, 2005
Dear All Clubsnap Readers,

I've just joint Clubsnap, and I had a very rude encounter with a member identified as "YANYEWKAY".

Recently, becaused of an issue with "parallel import at TCW", I had offered some professional advise to a member who might have been short-changed by TCW.

However, "YANYEWKAY" had blasted me with slanderous and offensive remarks. I have also received PM from "YANYEWKAY", very offensive wordings and challenging remark.

I already said to "YANYEWKAY" that I am a lawyer, which was why I offered those advise to deal with TCW if any consumer felt short-changed by the shop.

I want to make known that slanderous wordings and personal challenge coming from rude people like "YANYEWKAY" is not acceptable.

Since "YANYEWKAY" dare to slander and challenge me. I therefore will want to sort things out with "YANYEWKAY" at the Supreme Court.

However, upon checking "YANYEWKAY" record, I could only read that he like motorbike, photography and diving.

I am thus OFFERING SGD $1000/- CASH REWARD to anybody who would be kind enough to provide me "YANYEWKAY" personal particulars.

I want information on "YANYEWKAY" full name and mailing address.

I want information on "YANYEWKAY" i.d number.

I want information on "YANYEWKAY" contact number.

I want information on "YANYEWKAY" registered motor bike number plate.

Whatever slanderous and challenging remarks "YANYEWKAY" had posted and sent to my PM had been printed and processed at my office.

Since "YANYEWKAY" himself wants to "talk big" and challenge, I believe "YANYEWKAY" must bear full responsibility.

I am expecting "YANYEWKAY" to coward out. Therefore I am putting out this SGD $1000/- cash reward for information about "YANYEWKAY"

I believe the kind of arrogant, slanderous and challenging remark coming from "YEWYANKAY" should not be tolerated in Clubsnap.

It may be that this "YANYEWKAY" himself is the owner of TCW, or perhaps he works for TCW. Or maybe "YANYEWKAY" is under paid service by TCW to "praise" TCW in Clubsnap.

Whoever provide information will be assured confidentiality.

Thank you and regards.

Cool it down dude, no need to get worked up. In fact I do not think this is the right way to settle the problem, that is by offering money for information. You should:

1. Contact the Admin regarding the problem to show prove that the person really PM you certain things that can lead to something which you can challenge in court.

2. With valid case, you can, by legal means force the Admin to verify the person through the ISP.

One thing to note of, I am surprised to see a lawyer offering money to get information of this guy when you can supposely do it the legal way, which does not affect the moral and ethics of giving out money for private/personal information. I wonder what is your intention of getting his personal information, which you again have to verify it against the ID and ISP record as the IP is recorded.

End of the day I do not believe you are a lawyer afterall by the way you handle things.

I would think that if you want to offer a reward you need to more information about yourself. Am I right to say this?

And I think that whatever was said via PM is not slanderous. After all it is suppose to be private. Correct me if I am wrong.

I do not know any party and/or the matter between them, I am just asking a general question just to clear my curiosity. Thanks

But in FYI, Gray items and Local items are exist in SIngapore market. Not only in Photography equipment, just like car you can get it from local dealer or from paralel importer (Ex. Honda CRV from Paralel importer will NOT be serviced/warrantied by KM as local dealer in SG). I believe you know better than me since I am not a lawyer.
I am just bystander to express my PERSONAL comments, I am not associated with anyone in this CS. But I am agree with you if you are in crusade to procecute nasty shops, who cheats people and intentionally misleading them to bait and switch to gain astronomical profit.

I hope you done at the right way and keep us updated.

My 2c worth,
Firstly, the legal definition of slander is the oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
It would seem to me that you feel that you have been slandered by YANYEWKAY. However in the case of the gray goods, YANYEWKAY was not wrong in pointing out that your advice on the issue was wrong. Although his method of communicating it to you was rather offensive, it can hardly be considered slander. And as he did not threaten you in anyway, both legal or physical, it is hardly threatening either. As such i am not sure if you have a case against YANYEWKAY.
Secondly, i think it is inappropriate to throw the Supreme Court of Singapore into this case. I could be mistaken but i believe the supreme court and high court only hears cases of appeals and capital offenses. In this case, i believe the appropriate court to file would be the sub courts. I might be wrong and stand corrected if i am.
Now, about your own remarks, it this post alone, you have called YANYEWKAY a slanderer and a coward. While not being on his side, i should point out that he can also quote this post and counter accuse you of slandering him. We are of course assuming that the Gray Goods case goes to court and the shop gets vindicated. In which case, as i have pointed, YANYEWKAY will also be vindicated in that he was indeed right in saying that your advice was wrong. He would not have been slandering you. On the other hand, you would have slandered him in calling him a slanderer and a coward. The ball's in your court, but at the end of the day, my advice is for you to cool it and quit the forum if you find the community unsuitable.

szekiat said:
My 2c worth,
Firstly, the legal definition of slander is the oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
It would seem to me that you feel that you have been slandered by YANYEWKAY. However in the case of the gray goods, YANYEWKAY was not wrong in pointing out that your advice on the issue was wrong. Although his method of communicating it to you was rather offensive, it can hardly be considered slander. And as he did not threaten you in anyway, both legal or physical, it is hardly threatening either. As such i am not sure if you have a case against YANYEWKAY.
Secondly, i think it is inappropriate to throw the Supreme Court of Singapore into this case. I could be mistaken but i believe the supreme court and high court only hears cases of appeals and capital offenses. In this case, i believe the appropriate court to file would be the sub courts. I might be wrong and stand corrected if i am.
Now, about your own remarks, it this post alone, you have called YANYEWKAY a slanderer and a coward. While not being on his side, i should point out that he can also quote this post and counter accuse you of slandering him. We are of course assuming that the Gray Goods case goes to court and the shop gets vindicated. In which case, as i have pointed, YANYEWKAY will also be vindicated in that he was indeed right in saying that your advice was wrong. He would not have been slandering you. On the other hand, you would have slandered him in calling him a slanderer and a coward. The ball's in your court, but at the end of the day, my advice is for you to cool it and quit the forum if you find the community unsuitable.

:bigeyes:

*clap* *clap* *clap*

If you are a lawyer you should know better how to get the contact of a person/coy online that you want to sue, if you claim that the messages have been printed out and processed, surely you know you need to ...

Oh forgot you're a laywer, you know what you need to do, I don't need to teach you :)

Enjoy.

I had earlier held back not posting in the forum as a thread for everyone to read but to PM him instead but I guess d.a. photo wasn't all too happy with my PM.

If you think you have a case, please proceed if you think the cost and time is worth the effort. Too many a times people go into it out of "anger" and nobody comes out "winning". Some may "feel" better when the judgement is in their favor, but is the cost worth it?

Move on, there are better things and people who deserve your time and money.

i smell burning rubber... hmm..

i think feel that TCW is not a realli big cheat as compared to AP.

for a similar lens. TCW quoted me $1.6k. AP quoted me $2.6k.. so can we see whos the bigger cheat ??

FYI. its a 80-400mm Sigma HSM OS lens...

and TCW is very well known to bring in grey goods, and they give 1 yr in house warranty. i also bought some 2nd hand lenses there too. which are grey sets and consigned sets. i haven experienced any problem yet tats y.. but at least i pay less and still get 1 yr in house warranty should there be a problem with the lens or my equipment.

there should be a peaceful solution to this. and maybe we can settle this dispute over a cup of coffee ?? people do make mistakes.

and sometimes i do make mistakes when i misinterprete my message. pple get me wrong and start saying that i nid to grow up. so i learn my lesson and help others if they need me. why not lets relaz on this matter. and as for the problem with the equipment that is involved, lets sit down and discuss whether is there a better solution to this rather then bringing everything up to the court.

there are pple out there who are sharp-tongue and they always insult me for no reason. so are u going to help me to sue them to court for slandering and insult ? juz relax, take a deep breathe and everything is over.

if u should need help on ur equipment. i can and maybe able to volunteer to help u in ur equipment(s) ! ;)

Who is YANYEWKAY??? :think:
What is i.d. number??? :dunno:
Why do you want the bike number??? :nono:
Bring case to supreme court??? :sweat:
Antagonising a lawyer??? :mad2:

d.a photo said:
Since "YANYEWKAY" dare to slander and challenge me. I therefore will want to sort things out with "YANYEWKAY" at the Supreme Court.

This is funny ..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: bringing this to the supreme court . hahahahahah . Yanyewkay maybe you wan to get Subash Anadan to help you kekekee. :bsmilie:

Hey, I need that $1000 to buy a new len from, oh yes, TCW.

Can DA Photo post your contact here, I mean, your name, law firm and phone number.

Hey common guy this is not the spirit of CS.

scud said:
glennyong, ppl may feel offended with yr avatar....
kekekekekek.......

Later some lawyer will sue you for putting up a offensive and misleading avatar. kekeke :bsmilie:

scud said:
glennyong, ppl may feel offended with yr avatar....
kekekekekek.......

no la.. its actualli a review on the last thread on the so called " WHAT IF A CSER is being beaten up ? " haha.. the avatar is juz to remind pple of what is it to be like being beaten up. more of a visual idea.. i found it on the net though.. i was floating around in my friend's forum.. lol..

i am a peaceful guy if u have seen me. i dun talk much in real life too... :bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
sorry,what's TCW?
:embrass:

are u joking ???

TCW = The Camera Workshop. it is located behind Ruby Photo at Excelsior hotel there.. u will see Ruby Photo. juz walk in and walk 2 the back. u will see the shop.. ;)

I thought only libel cases involving high-profile people like LKY goes to the Supreme court.... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.