Sg Strobist Meetup #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
basic lighting stuff like types of lighting, using lightmeter, etc.

then duplicating it with your camera flash.

Hey Flip,

Did you get my PM about asking if the SG Strobists would be interested in very high quality LEE gels, custom cut and fitted with velcro?

If not, basically, I found that what's offered on websites etc are too limited in terms of sizes, and sometimes, we don't know what brand or quality of gels we're getting.

I recently got LEE gels, and if you know LEE filters, they are among the best in the industry.

The sheets of LEE gels are fairly large, and it would make no sense for me to get a whole range and use only a portion of each sheet, so I was wondering if the SG Strobists would be interested in sharing costs?

I can easily custom cut each set to fit a person's specific flash size.

Cost would be whatever it costs me to go buy the gels and materials like the velcro. Time, effort and sharing if FOC.

What do I benefit from this? I get a large range of very high quality gels and not have a whole lot sitting around doing nothing (I pay for my share), while SG Strobists get very high quality custom cut sets at a much cheaper cost than buying generic and possibly questionable quality overseas brands.

If you guys are interested, let me know and I will do a ballpark cal for a set of the most commonly used gels like CTO, CTB, green and NDs, or let me know if there are specific types that you guys would like and if there are enough folks interested, we can throw those in as well.

CHEERS!

P.s. Just to clarify, gels are vastly different from stuff like cellophane especially for color correction and far superior in light transmittance, translucency and consistency. Also, I'm not plugging for sales; I was just wondering if you guys might be interested in sharing these gels that's all. ;-)

If I did anything wrong by proposing this, please pardon me and ask for my post to be removed.

2nd CHEERS!

sorry to ask too many questions.

Wat do the participants have to bring along (apart from $)? camera and a flash?

Hey Flip,

Did you get my PM about asking if the SG Strobists would be interested in very high quality LEE gels, custom cut and fitted with velcro?

If not, basically, I found that what's offered on websites etc are too limited in terms of sizes, and sometimes, we don't know what brand or quality of gels we're getting.

I recently got LEE gels, and if you know LEE filters, they are among the best in the industry.

The sheets of LEE gels are fairly large, and it would make no sense for me to get a whole range and use only a portion of each sheet, so I was wondering if the SG Strobists would be interested in sharing costs?

I can easily custom cut each set to fit a person's specific flash size.

Cost would be whatever it costs me to go buy the gels and materials like the velcro. Time, effort and sharing if FOC.

What do I benefit from this? I get a large range of very high quality gels and not have a whole lot sitting around doing nothing (I pay for my share), while SG Strobists get very high quality custom cut sets at a much cheaper cost than buying generic and possibly questionable quality overseas brands.

If you guys are interested, let me know and I will do a ballpark cal for a set of the most commonly used gels like CTO, CTB, green and NDs, or let me know if there are specific types that you guys would like and if there are enough folks interested, we can throw those in as well.

CHEERS!

P.s. Just to clarify, gels are vastly different from stuff like cellophane especially for color correction and far superior in light transmittance, translucency and consistency. Also, I'm not plugging for sales; I was just wondering if you guys might be interested in sharing these gels that's all. ;-)

If I did anything wrong by proposing this, please pardon me and ask for my post to be removed.

2nd CHEERS!

i didn't get a chance to run through with the rest of them yet. i have to let u know after next friday's session. sorry abt it. :bsmilie:

sorry to ask too many questions.

Wat do the participants have to bring along (apart from $)? camera and a flash?

its ok. in a nutshell, we are trying to achieve and duplicate the effects of bigger studio strobes with camera flashes. so i hope the studio session allows people new to flash photography to have a better understanding of how to work those camera flash.

ok count me in

what do i need to bring? my skyports still out in the sea.

could we take photos from strobist and try to reserve engineer it?

take example "Like Martin, Only More Spartan" on http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/
(instructions provided)

we could form groups to work together on each photo. get "mentor" to help us.hehe

if strobist example is too boring, try
http://www.timtadder.com/index3.html

i personally want to try one of the photos in http://www.friedmanarchives.com/flash.htm

there are free lessons in http://www.photoflexlightingschool.com/Lighting_Lessons/index.html

dream merchant, i dont mind sharing cost on the gels.

10 persons liao, 1 more ?

dear participants, due to unexpected circumstances, the location will not be available this friday. i am trying to find another studio for us to use. failing which, the meetup this friday will have to be cancelled. :(

sorry for any inconvenience caused! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.