SG price of Nikon D100 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
hi all, just a bit of useful info for those keeping their eyes on the D100 launch. i went for the Nikon launch this morning and this is what was announced.

Nikon D100 digital SLR camera (PAL/NTSC Set)
Recommended Retail PRice: SGD$3,888(from Nikon SG, not CP or AP)

Inclusive:
D100 body, body cap, LCD monitor cover, strap AN-D100, Nikon View 5.1 CD for SLR (international), EN-EL3 battery, USB cable UC-E4, video cable EG-D100 & Quick Charger MH-18.

i must say, on first impression, the D100 is a very tempting item to get...

cheers!

wha.. so ex ar... but it's realli gd i muz say... =)

well considering the D1X is SGD$9,900 and the D1H is SGD$8300, i think the D100 is quite decently priced. 6.1 megapix some more!!! *drool* :rbounce:

Wellll...if only $$$$ falls from the sky like rain...
A hefty sum for a hefty specs...the day will come...but it won't be today or tomorrow...
As tempting as it looks, I'll just have to chain myself for it :)

actually they had 3... one with the studio setup and the model, the Nikon rep near the computers had another and the same guy had another D100 with the MB-D100 attached in a bag behind the computers. managed to have a good feel of the camera + battery pack. i must say that the D100 definitely feels better with the MB-D100, otherwise it's way too light and the feel is just 'not there' if you know what i mean. i was talking to the Nikon manager and he also say that it's quite unlikely that anyone will buy the D100 without the MB pack.

Originally posted by firefox13
actually they had 3... one with the studio setup and the model, the Nikon rep near the computers had another and the same guy had another D100 with the MB-D100 attached in a bag behind the computers. managed to have a good feel of the camera + battery pack. i must say that the D100 definitely feels better with the MB-D100, otherwise it's way too light and the feel is just 'not there' if you know what i mean. i was talking to the Nikon manager and he also say that it's quite unlikely that anyone will buy the D100 without the MB pack.

saw only the studio setup one and the one with the battery packed. too crowded for me to have a feel. but it looked kinda lop-sided without the battery pack.

hi all, just a bit of useful info for those keeping their eyes on the D100 launch. i went for the Nikon launch this morning and this is what was announced.

Nikon D100 digital SLR camera (PAL/NTSC Set)
Recommended Retail PRice: SGD$3,888(from Nikon SG, not CP or AP)

Inclusive:
D100 body, body cap, LCD monitor cover, strap AN-D100, Nikon View 5.1 CD for SLR (international), EN-EL3 battery, USB cable UC-E4, video cable EG-D100 & Quick Charger MH-18.

i must say, on first impression, the D100 is a very tempting item to get...

cheers!

SRP S$3888? Woohoo! This means the retail price is gonna be lesser! ;)

Originally posted by megaweb
when is it available in SG ? will D60 price drop ?

comemrcial stock hasn't arrived and and when it arrives, it will come in limited numbers.... or so i hear..... not going to have enough to fuel the demand....

as for D60, no news heard from canon....

Originally posted by megaweb
when is it available in SG ? will D60 price drop ?
according to the managers, the D100 will be commercially available sometime in July, but i think the initial stock will be quite limited like what desmondwong says. i also expect the prices @ CP or AP to be something like $3600++

another bit of interesting info... the Sigma SD9 is supposed to be launched on 8th June also, and Fuji S2 Pro also sometime this month or July. quite a head-to-head fight going on here in the mid-range DSLR arena. :D

mabbe the prices will all start dropping and we buyers will benefit hahaha. and mabbe i'll win Toto.

according to the managers, the D100 will be commercially available sometime in July, but i think the initial stock will be quite limited like what desmondwong says. i also expect the prices @ CP or AP to be something like $3600++

If only have limited stock and everybody is fighting for it...then I think shops will sell at the SRP as listed by Nikon (if not higher). This is at least true when F80 fist launched (and D60 too?). Might need a few months to stablelize the market after the fever is gone.

Greetings firefox13,

any luck with them Nikon folks? quite interested in the D100 too.. but no *ca$h*.

:cry:

hope the market will stablise towards the end of the year... to (dare i say) $3000? :)

like you, i'm feverishly saving up.

enjoy!

good question, i also not sure. checking with the Nikon people now...

spoke to Fotoguide people who told me theres one limited shipment on june 26 (probably people who pre-ordered long long ago....) and we're looking at about $3.8k...

Status
Not open for further replies.