SG F1 night race essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

man415

Jan 23, 2008
West side
Hi !

I'll be going for the night race but only on the practice race at the walk about section.I was hoping to watch the race itself but tied up with an important event as well on the race day.I wanted to ask for those who where there on the same race last year some questions.

1. I don't have a mono-pod but only a tri-pod. Will it be necessary to bring it? I think it will be crowded but would like to know if it will be usable?

2. I bought a 70-200 F4 L. Will the F4 aperture be usable in the event?Like bright enough to take some shots?

3. I'm planning to rent a lens in case, what will be the lens that you guys can advise.

Hope to her from you guys. This is my first time being in the event and want to use the opportunity to have some nice shots worth keeping.:)

Ohhh. My Bad.. Somebody posted the same question in the Nikon forum.Apologies.:embrass:

Mod's please delete my thread. I'll just be watching that thread for answers.

Tripods may be banned, FYI.

I suggest a search too, there ware a LOT of questions like this last year.

600 f4 IS L .... check
1d MkIII .... check
Awsome vest with "photographer" written on it .... check
Media pass .... check

all set :D

f4 may not be enough unless you are willing to bump ISO to at least 1600. If you want to rent a lens, you may want to check out the 70-200 f2.8L IS

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the reply. Am not expecting to receive answers as this was double posted. Anyway i'm planning to rent out the 70-200 2.8 though but wanted to test my own new lens as this will be the first, I should say formal shots.Thinking of the suggestion to bump iup the ISO and test my 50D limit.Anymore Canon lens worth renting for this event aside from 600mm 2.8 which I don't think I can rent out or will from the massive size? hehe.

Tripod maybe banned? Are you sure?

Yup. But I still see alot of people smuggling them in. Meh, typical "security".

Yup. But I still see alot of people smuggling them in. Meh, typical "security".

bring grandpa, and disguise a monopod as a walking stick... get right through ;) haha

tripods are not allowed
lens longer then 300mm are not allowed unless you have the media pass

best bet is to bring zoom

try 200mm f/2.

it's the press fave, including 300mm f/2.8.

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the reply. Am not expecting to receive answers as this was double posted. Anyway i'm planning to rent out the 70-200 2.8 though but wanted to test my own new lens as this will be the first, I should say formal shots.Thinking of the suggestion to bump iup the ISO and test my 50D limit.Anymore Canon lens worth renting for this event aside from 600mm 2.8 which I don't think I can rent out or will from the massive size? hehe.

hey I am joking about the 600mm F2.8....it is still on the drawing board if it is ever going to be produced.

tripods are not allowed
lens longer then 300mm are not allowed unless you have the media pass

best bet is to bring zoom

do they allow 200 - 400 mm zoom ? Anyone brought it in b4 ?

do they allow 200 - 400 mm zoom ? Anyone brought it in b4 ?

Officially no. Unofficially, they only look at how big your lens is, not the numbers. I saw one guy with a Sony 500mm Reflex lens. No problem for him since it's not a big lens.

Hi Rashkae

Thanks for the reply. hmmm ... the 200-400 is kinda biggish compared to the 55-200 ... maybe i just have to try my luck :embrass:

With all the advice and suggestion....bear one thing in mind, and hope you can feed back after the experience...is to prepare for disappointment, maybe a huge one too. As the organiser is a very down to earth kiasu singapore organiser.

Better forget about the tripod.

from the faq, it never mentioned cannot bring tripod or long lens.

http://tickets.singaporegp.sg/faq_sistic.html

Are there any items that are prohibited within the Circuit Park?
Due to tight security and safety concerns necessary for such an event, the following items are prohibited within the Circuit Park:
animals (except service animals e.g. seeing eye dogs & police dogs), any item that could be used as a weapon, bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/skates, cans, chairs/stools, food coolers & hampers, fireworks, frisbees and helium balloons, glass (including bottles), outside food and drink, large flags, musical instruments and/or amplification equipment, prams and strollers, unauthorised advertising material or flyers, laser pointers, distress signals, whistles or loud hailers, dangerous goods and any other item prohibited by legislation. The items listed here are not exhaustive and a list of all prohibited items will be placed at the entrance to the Circuit Park and/or areas designated by SGPPL.

These folks who wrote the rules and regulations had it covered. =)

Sent an email to them asking about regulation on photography. This is their reply.

We appreciate your transparency regarding the equipment you intend to bring into the circuit park. Our main concern, and that of Formula One Management, is that all equipment brought into the circuit park should not be for commercial purposes. If your equipment is deemed to look professional, you may be required to fill out a form at the entry gate stating that it is purely for personal use.

Additionally, we would like to stress that the enjoyment of other spectators should not be impeded and we therefore urge patrons with photographic equipment to show consideration. Tripods and monopods will only be allowed in the general walkabout areas and not into the grandstands

In conclusion, we do not see a problem with you bringing the equipment you have mentioned to the race. However, you may experience slight delay at the entry gate subject to filling out the form mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.