SG Bank robbery

steady that guy. let's clap for him.

Waiting for the idiot to be caught... it will be so funny if it wasn't so sad that he/she thinks robbing a bank is possible and/or easy in SG.... :think:

At least better than robbing old ladies at HDB lift lobbies.

QFT.... at least I got more 'respect' for this idiot....

Last edited:
Waiting for the idiot to be caught... it will be so funny if it wasn't so sad that he/she thinks robbing a bank is possible and/or easy in SG.... :think:

Apparently, an ang moh... tourist unfamiliar with the local culture may be?

Apparently, an ang moh... tourist unfamiliar with the local culture may be?

More likely criminal group... like that one feature on 'Crime Watch' where a few South American coming over to SG to burglaries private properties around SG....

More likely criminal group... like that one feature on 'Crime Watch' where a few South American coming over to SG to burglaries private properties around SG....

Ang Moh easier to catch :)

Heard is unarm robbery ... made away with $30k

I wonder why the bank never hire any armed guard :think:

Was thinking if the security had gone for breakfast or coffee break ... :think:

"The Straits Times understands that the suspect strode into the bank and handed the teller a slip of paper with his demands. After she complied, he made off with the cash on foot. No weapon was seen during the incident, which was over in minutes."

StanChart gives great service to ang moh. So the police combing the trash bins were looking for the slip of paper.

Last edited:
"The Straits Times understands that the suspect strode into the bank and handed the teller a slip of paper with his demands. After she complied, he made off with the cash on foot. No weapon was seen during the incident, which was over in minutes."

StanChart gives great service to ang moh. So the police combing the trash bins were looking for the slip of paper.

Singaporean tellers aren't used to being robbed... no weapons seen also so easy to handover $$$$... but seriously, risking long long jail term for just $30K... :think:

Singaporean tellers aren't used to being robbed... no weapons seen also so easy to handover $$$$... but seriously, risking long long jail term for just $30K... :think:

Seriously, if it is so easy to get $30k, many will try.

And we are suppose to have the whole country terrorist-ready :think:

Last edited:
I am sure all tellers have SOP for such incident. No point risking life of bank teller. Camera and silent alarm would have been activated. If not then $30k should be enough to fit out the bank with such simple features hahaha

It just does't make sense to me. In Singapore, everyone knows that carrying a weapon for illegal means will get one in a serious jail term. Why then the teller could not just ask nicely "Sir, can I see your weapon?" before handing him the money? Hahaaaaaa.

I am sure all tellers have SOP for such incident. No point risking life of bank teller. Camera and silent alarm would have been activated. If not then $30k should be enough to fit out the bank with such simple features hahaha

Yup... all banks are probably covered with robbery insurance anyway too.
How to run in SG? so bloody small.

It just does't make sense to me. In Singapore, everyone knows that carrying a weapon for illegal means will get one in a serious jail term. Why then the teller could not just ask nicely "Sir, can I see your weapon?" before handing him the money? Hahaaaaaa.

Better don't ask bro... wait get a rude surprise... Don't know what kind of weapon the robber is carrying... LOL

This again is sensitive..ask yourself if you were the bank teller,without a weapon what would compell
you to hand over money? This is precisely why police is not disclosing details.Bank teller's life would have to be threatened but by what? Did the note say a gun (concealed) was pointed in his/her direction or angmoh carried an explosive device or deadly chemical agent. Get the picture?
Do realise foreigner do not know SG's laws but he is desperate with nothing to lose.At least he got his money,there was an unfortunate incident some year's back also but an attempted bank robbery near
Beauty world. The security guard shot dead robber with gun.He was praised by police but subsequently
news reported that the gun was a toy gun.Then no more reporting.:embrass:

Edit: Sorry I think it was a finance company.

Last edited:
Surely SG uses dye packs or maybe not? Look for guy with purple hands...lol

He is probably staying in that triple tower place I bet.

Stupid people everywhere...

Last edited: