SFW04-'Live' studio photo shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
In conjunction with SFW04, Wee Khim will conduct 'live' studio photo shoots at Millenia Walk on 21, 22, 28 and 29 Aug(Sat and Sun) at 2 and 5pm.

reachme2003 said:
In conjunction with SFW04, Wee Khim will conduct 'live' studio photo shoots at Millenia Walk on 21, 22, 28 and 29 Aug(Sat and Sun) at 2 and 5pm.

wat is this SFW04, care to enlightened me? :think:

photografixed said:
wat is this SFW04, care to enlightened me? :think:

nevermind. i've found out. singapore fashion week 04. thanks! :angel: :

Are we allow to shoot the model or just only acting as an audience to watch the show?
Are photography allowed?

I received some PMs. I am not the organiser of this event. I am merely publicising the event through info i obtained from the media.

By the way, the event is free. No need to pre-register. Just show up at the venue if you are interested. Have fun!

millenia walk is opp suntec, near to paulaner (great beer!)

anybody going? mite pop by. : )

nickmak said:
So can we shoot or not?

Confused... :S

I think for courtesy sake, viewers should just observe and learn. Wee Khim is one of those fashion photogs to learn from. Watch how the stylist style the model and how the photog communicates and set up the area for the shoot. If you are shooting at the same time, how would you learn? :)

Besides, you dun really want to disturb the shoot with flashs triggering off the studio strobes on site.... like someone we know who did just that in Sarah Silver's seminar :D

the stupid "studio shoot" thing is a waste of time
First, they don't have the decency to start on time
second, they don't seem half arsed about being serious about what they're doing, perhaps i'm being too harsh but there's nothing there really worth learning except to look at that gigantic broncolor para umbrella

and what is it with all those people who go there to shoot the model? what is it with people who go to watch a demonstration and end up taking advantage of the fact that there's a model there and just shooting away with flash, while the photographer who is supposed to be demonstrating is obviously not happy with it? do you know how bloody irritating it is too for people who go there to watch the photographer demonstrate and instead have to deal with a whole bunch of amateurs distracting from the main event?

I like photography but people like these remind me why photographers are seen as some sort of disease whenever they appear

mattlock said:

i agree! i arrived at 2pm sharp and only found that they were just STARTING to setup. I thot it may be just half an hour late, then at 2.30, they were still doing the setup. Asked one of the ladies there, she said will probably start at 3pm. Got appointment at 3.15pm, so had to leave. so disappointed with them.

Oh! Serious? I wanted to go down too, but i got a meeting with my client on that day had to miss it. I thought it will turn out to be a good learning experience for all. Not, i guess. :sweat:

if watching ALL these shoots,workshop, talks,etc can learn to work like speakers,why are there course being conducted.... these "public" shows, exhibition are part of event on how make-up artist, stylist and photo'ers work or how there have started from their humble begining..... not to TEACH.....

if u want to do model shoot, just those around who have been organising this shoot and learn from there.... if not take up courses...

experience does count.... not "STEAL" shoots and gain experience.....

SFW is for PUBLIC.... not for PHOTOGRAPHERS ONLY........

mattlock said:
the stupid "studio shoot" thing is a waste of time
second, they don't seem half arsed about being serious about what they're doing, perhaps i'm being too harsh but there's nothing there really worth learning except to look at that gigantic broncolor para umbrella

and what is it with all those people who go there to shoot the model? what is it with people who go to watch a demonstration and end up taking advantage of the fact that there's a model there and just shooting away with flash, while the photographer who is supposed to be demonstrating is obviously not happy with it? do you know how bloody irritating it is too for people who go there to watch the photographer demonstrate and instead have to deal with a whole bunch of amateurs distracting from the main event?

I like photography but people like these remind me why photographers are seen as some sort of disease whenever they appear
If you are there, didnt you see the so call staffs there taking photo with their small camera with flash on all the time?
I was there for the 5pm show,shoot a few photos from there all without flash on.
Dont think it will be a problem there, unless the demonstrating photographer cant stand the shutter release sound from my digicam.
Taking photo there doesnt mean taking advantage, for me i am not pro like you, i have to take "record" down the processes taken for a model shoot and the "stage" setup for reference.
The lightings there simply cannot make it, have to use my ST-E2 to assist in focusing.
Anyway, the model seems very happy to have her photo taken by the flash- users in the center area.
But these (d)slr users, slowly one by one realised their flash-on mistake and started dismounting/off their flashes.(<---to be fair to them)

Went there today, learnt nothing at all.
There's nothing u can learn there that u don't already know.
Advice is don't waste your time.

my personal suggestion?

remember that the photographer, whoever he or she is, is still a human being with emotions too. yes, being late is not good, but then again, who knows about what ****-ups happened before the show?

As the lighting sponsor for the event "Fashion Now", I would like to commend on some of the things that happened in the last 2 days. I hope you guys can appreciate the efforts of the organising committee. They did a fanstastic job for the last 2 days.

To begin with:

1) The models on the first show was stuck in a fashion show that started late and hence they did not make it for the 2pm shoot. This was unforseen and the organiser managed to find replacement models within 15 mins of notification by the original models at 2.30 pm as models don't answer calls while they are walking the runway.

2) The concept put forward for this shoot is to showcase several stuff:
a) The "teamwork" required for a successful Fashion Shoot, starting from model, makeup, hairstyle, fashion styling, concept (props), setting up of lighting, Digital Touch Ups and final printing.
b) Interactions between the public and the fashion photographers, stylist and all those invloved.

Just to share a few things, I think it takes a lot of effort for these people to take time off their busy schedule to attend the "free awareness" programme for this new programme for the Singapore Fashion Week. As this is not a presentation where public entertainment licencing is required, the organisers were hoping for the public to actively interact with the fashion photographers, stylist, makeup artists, hairstylist and even the model. For those who have interacted with us, I am sure we would definitely answer any questions you guys have. Like how the Broncolor Para works for Fashion and portrait photography etc etc, it is seldom we take this light out to showcase to fellow photographers. For those that are interested to try, I would have gladly accepted the opportunity to demo on the spot for the lights =)

Please try to appreciate the organisers a bit more so we can have more opportunities to share our experiences with other fellow stylists, hairstylists and makeup artists in such public and free events. Its really a pity if this is the one and only time where Fashion shoots are being conducted in the SFW.

Perhaps, there are also opportunities for fellow photographers to contribute in some areas to make the next photoshoot a success in future SFW.

1) Organise public talks and demos
2) Source for sponsors
3) PR/Advertising
4) Invite prominent local/overseas fashion photographers
5) Invite prominet local/overseas fashion stylists, makeup artists, hairstylists and models

It is very meaningful to organise such events to benefit the whole community =) so if you are interested to get invloved, I am sure the organisers will welcome you with open arms for the next SFW next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.