Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
my take...

FWC01.jpg

FWC04.jpg

FWC05.jpg

FWC13.jpg

sorry to be blunt they're pretty soft and dull... what are the shutter speed here?

hey hey....i know they are kind of soft....cant remember the speeds....but my lens is like not very good....100-300 5-6.3.....using manual flash....

Witness said:
hey hey....i know they are kind of soft....cant remember the speeds....but my lens is like not very good....100-300 5-6.3.....using manual flash....

I just checked some of your pix... the shutter speed is abt 1/60-1/100s! That's pretty slow to get sharp pix with a tele, your iso is also ISO 400 as well, try to push it up.

As I know, your D70 can do FP sync with iTTL and its x-sync is 1/500s, make use of it!

thanks for the advice ...will keep it in mind...currently using like the sb23....hammerhead....hahah....will get a flash soon...d70 only 2 weeks....muz slowly slowly buy ....otherwise super cashflow lo haha...

Witness said:
thanks for the advice ...will keep it in mind...currently using like the sb23....hammerhead....hahah....will get a flash soon...d70 only 2 weeks....muz slowly slowly buy ....otherwise super cashflow lo haha...

just remember the basic lor, try to have your shutter abt 1/focal length or faster, i.e. at 200mm 1/200s or faster, actually with your crop factor 1/300s or faster.

Mine was like M mode, evaluative metering speed of 1/100~1/640s f/2.8 ISO 800, FEC 0 to -1 1/3

hey no fair lo....i dun have f2.8....haha....ok....wait till i get my big gun....eyeing the ED 80-200.....

hint hint....maybe wai can buy for my bdae haha....

still pretty new to my d70...got a long way to go before i figure it out....considering the fact tt i am a weekend shooter haha....

anyway....thanks for the help....will keep all ya tips in mind the next time i go shoot and see wat happens then ya..

still pretty new to my d70...got a long way to go before i figure it out....considering the fact tt i am a weekend shooter haha....

i seriously dun think you need a f/2.8 lens to get better shots. i was using the 24-120 vr 3.5-5.6 lens to shoot (with VR turned off) at ISO400 and full flash....although shooting at smaller apertures gave me some lost of ambience, but the shots turned out pretty ok. try shutter priority.

btw, where were you shooting from?

oeyvind said:
As I know, your D70 can do FP sync with iTTL and its x-sync is 1/500s, make use of it!

The X-sync is 1/500, but there is no FP-sync mode available.

juz behind the gantry....the 80-200 is like more versatile for many other stuff....haha...its my dream to get it.....probably for my japan trip next year....as for now....juz stick to wat i hav....

oeyvind said:
I just checked some of your pix... the shutter speed is abt 1/60-1/100s! That's pretty slow to get sharp pix with a tele, your iso is also ISO 400 as well, try to push it up.

actually there're other ways to shoot events like the SFF carnival concerts...if cannot sync fast enuff, try slow sync...if cannot freeze motion, then capture motion... :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.