SFF 08/08/04 from the sheares bridge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricleo

Mar 13, 2004
Eastern Singapore
Here are some of my attempts on fireworks photography during the performance put up by the Hong Kong team on the 8/8/04... I went to the benjamin sheares bridge, but wasn't early enough to get the best vantage point to take the shots with the breath taking cityview right behind the fireworks display... however I did move nearer to the centre of the bridge where I could get the best cityview shot of the Singapore Central Business District at the very end when the crowds left.

All shots by my trusty F717 :)

DSC09758%20edit.jpg

DSC09761%20PS.jpg

DSC09763%20PS.jpg

If I remember correctly, most of the shots are 4-5 seconds, F8. :)

ricleo said:
If I remember correctly, most of the shots are 4-5 seconds, F8. :)

4~5 seconds.
Good markmanship, shot at the right time. :thumbsup:
My first attempt at the fireworks, manage to take 2 good shot only, out of 8 shots, but none is as attractive as yours.
Seriously, but any additional tips you can offer me how you do it.

hmmm..... I guess alot of fireworks photography depends on luck, and the anticipation of the next shot? I shot about 25-30 pics, and only these were worthy of being shown :p I had my big share of shots that fail too. Some shots were over exposed too, but luckily they could be salvaged using layers and the multiply tool.

Haha.... just to own up, I cheated a little, the only way I could get the buildings in the background to be nicely exposed is via post processing :p Using 4-5 secs and F8 tends to produce a very dark background.

Status
Not open for further replies.