Sex sells

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor

May 3, 2003
Woody Land
www.razin-photography.com
This is a photography forum. probably the most popular in the region.

I do hope that the mods do pay some attention to the way photoshoots are marketed. Is it to promote good photography techniques or just blatant cheap thrills in disguise of photography.

Think about it.....

There are other forums that cater to those needs.

Some posting titles in the PhotoShoots sub-forum

1. Play With My Alluring NURSES!
  2. 'D'-lightful Winnie Dons her lingerie for us!! Sizzling!!
  3. SUGAR SWEET CANDY LAND ~ ONLY $30**
  4. Saturday Sexy Bikini Shoot <<< Fiona and Michelle >>>
  5. Yes***sexy beach delights with two sexiest ladies here***

Nothing wrong with that.

I do hope that the mods do pay some attention to the way photoshoots are marketed. Is it to promote good photography techniques or just blatant cheap thrills in disguise of photography.

Think about it.....

Fully agree... too much sexist advert to catch the eye and looks cheap towards the girls.. :thumbsd:

Well, these taglines must have proven that they can enhance the sign-up rate... back to demand and supply explanation again...

Serious photogs will still find ways to pursue their passion regardless of such taglines... as long as it's all arm's length transactions, and the parties involved are not engaging in any questionable activities, we can't possibly police these use of sensational taglines, I guess...

Cheers :)

er..sex do sell.
Seriosuly, i'm sure many of you have been to this photoshots. I've been to 1 before years ago ( remember it was $30 and organised by SLCC b/c cos of a cse i joined). I never joined any after tat.
Why? Granted that there are some serious chaps hopping to learn/hone some skills, more are interested in peek-a-boo with the girls. Oh yeah, in 1 short session, i noticed at least 4-5 guys looking in directions any gentlemen wouldn't and i wasn't out to catch them. It's cheap thrill....but let's face it, guys are guys. These shots survive b/c of the cheap thrills. If not, how come you dun see any " HOT SWEATY HUNKS IN MINI BRIEFS ON A SUNNY SENTOSA " adverts?

but yeah..the tittles are getting titulating...

Nothing wrong with that.

yup.. it not about right or wrong.. its about the impression that you (or the forum) leave behind...

I'm thinking more from a photography forum user... i would prefer to see quality photography programs to promote or improve photography. There are other forums to satisfy different needs.

Last edited:
This is a photography forum. probably the most popular in the region.

Think about it.....

Are the models themselves embarrassed by such taglines?

I think they are the ones who can influence the organisers.

Of course if we have enough numbers and make enough noise here the moderators may think about banning the practice of using suggestive taglines.

So who is against it? Let's put our names here:

1. Sion

Last edited:

if they (not all lah) can wear just bikinis, their skin thick enough.:bsmilie:

Of course if we have enough numbers and make enough noise here the moderators may think about banning such practice.

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz

Of course if we have enough numbers and make enough noise here the moderators may think about banning such practice.

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt

seriously thou... this isn't say allowed or not allowed by mods or admins... its the 'market' driven...

if you guys are not happy with such titles, probably we should let the organisers know... true?

if they know such titles are not working with the members, then they will not use... but since such titles makes the take up rates faster than anything, they will continue to do it.

Don't really feel the need to ban, but I think a better impression of guys and models can be given. I'm sure not all guys are the GWC type... (Hopefully I'm not being too naive / optimistic :p).

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
4. alteredVision

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
4. alteredVision
5. Leong23

seriously thou... this isn't say allowed or not allowed by mods or admins... its the 'market' driven...

if you guys are not happy with such titles, probably we should let the organisers know... true?

if they know such titles are not working with the members, then they will not use... but since such titles makes the take up rates faster than anything, they will continue to do it

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
4. alteredVision
5. Leong23
6. zaren

sex does sell, but doesn't mean we should encouraged it to be sold here.

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
4. alteredVision
5. Leong23
6. zaren
7. ahbian

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
4. alteredVision
5. Leong23
6. zaren
7. ahbian
8. kirk

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
4. alteredVision
5. Leong23
6. zaren
7. agentmonkey

heck even some of the titles for the portraits and poses/ ready lights actions section is just distasteful..worse when i see the title then my friend's face.... really cheapens photography i feel.. still remember another guy posting links to videos he shot of the models at IT/car shows with my friend in it and it just made me sick to see it done in such a voyeuristic manner

Last edited:

1. Sion
2. sORe-EyEz
3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
4. alteredVision
5. Leong23
6. zaren
7. ahbian
8. kirk
9. agentmonkey

heck even some of the titles for the portraits and poses/ ready lights actions section is just distasteful..worse when i see the title then my friend's face.... really cheapens photography i feel..

don't jump queue pls! :bsmilie:

Let's be more cosmopolitan :cool:

if they know such titles are not working with the members, then they will not use... but since such titles makes the take up rates faster than anything, they will continue to do it

I think it's more of an image thing.

CS being a responsible corporate citizen would probably not like to be seen to encourage a sleazy image on its site.

What we could do is to send a message to the administrator about how some of the members feel about it.

If we keep quiet about it he won't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.