Setup for INDOOR photoshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate531

May 20, 2006
I'm taking a simple wedding in the house.Using a 350D and Canon 17-40mm f4L USm lens or tamron 28-70mm f2.8-4.2 with 580EX flash.which is the best lens and what is the best set up?M mode , aperture or TV mode?shutter speed and aperture?Thank you.

Depends on your shooting style :) Personally if there is enough space for the group shots I'd stick with the tamron for the entire event. Assuming the celing is low enough the 580ex can be bounced off it too. Always manual mode for flash photography for me :)

I'm taking a simple wedding in the house.Using a 350D and Canon 17-40mm f4L USm lens or tamron 28-70mm f2.8-4.2 with 580EX flash.which is the best lens and what is the best set up?M mode , aperture or TV mode?shutter speed and aperture?Thank you.

its really depend on you, i will stick to the 17-40mm throughout, reason that its contsant
aperature

I assume this is a favour for a family member/friend? Visit the house beforehand if you can and see which lens is more suitable. Think about where you want to shoot the group shots as raptor84 has mentioned and plan accordingly. Based on past experience, a 20~24mm range on a 1.5x FOVCF is just about right.

So... probably the 17-40 is the better choice since you have a flash. Unless you're thinking of shooting available light. Then f/4 is definitely going to be a challenge...

its really depend on you, i will stick to the 17-40mm throughout, reason that its contsant
aperature

Maybe I'm missing something. But the Tamron that the TS mentioned goes even wider than f/4. Although it's a variable aperture, I think by itself the fact that f/2.8 is available for use at the wider-end of the focal range makes it the better choice.

But like I mentioned in the post above, there are other considerations. Such as whether it is wide enough, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.