Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpot99

Feb 22, 2005
north
Erm I got a question here. When people takes photograph using DSLR do they pre set the setting or do they use auto mode? I mean like taking a football match, I doubt there is enough time to keep setting the aperature and shutter.. For me, I only take photos of things that dun move like the durian by singapore river since I am still quite new to this. :dunno: However when it comes to moving object I always cannot get the effects I want. For example the object is sharp while the background blur. Can anyone advise me on this? I am using Sony W1 so my aperature setting is limited to 2 choice only. Also is there any golden setting like for example sports use 1/80sec f3.4...

flowerpot99 said:
Erm I got a question here. When people takes photograph using DSLR do they pre set the setting or do they use auto mode? I mean like taking a football match, I doubt there is enough time to keep setting the aperature and shutter.. For me, I only take photos of things that dun move like the durian by singapore river since I am still quite new to this. :dunno: However when it comes to moving object I always cannot get the effects I want. For example the object is sharp while the background blur. Can anyone advise me on this? I am using Sony W1 so my aperature setting is limited to 2 choice only. Also is there any golden setting like for example sports use 1/80sec f3.4...

I can't answer most of your qns here... :confused:
I will leave that to those experience guys here to answer your qns.
But personally, I think to own a DSLR is that you want to make good use of the many manual functions available to take good pictures. No point using the auto mode. But of course auto mode will be useful, if you need someone to take photos for you, who don't have the knowledge to handle your equipment. Moving objects are nicer when the background is motion blur. If I'm not wrong there's a phrase called "panning effect".
Don't really know what it means. But it will give ppl a sense of speed.

Duno am I saying the correct things here or not... :sweat:

if im not wrong panning means moving the camera with the object and that takes a steady hand to work i think. :sweat: but for most moving shot its not easy to pan unless we expect them to move in a certain direction like F1 racing. Dun expect cars to go straight at a bend :bsmilie: So can people pls enlighten me on how to get those blur back ground shots with sharp object.

shoot at the widest aperture you have and use Aperture Priority (Av)
Your object should be as close to you as possible to pull the distance between foreground and background further

I see so it means if I got f2.8 and f5.6, I should use f5.6 to create that effect, right? But one thing is that Sony W1 does not have any aperature mode so I have to keep setting the shutter speed? Can I do anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.