settings to take photos at Sentosa S.E.A Aquarium

wolvie77

Nov 15, 2009
Hi! All. I'm visiting the S.E.A aquarium at Sentosa this weekend. Wondering if anyone can share what settings i should use to take pictures inside. I'm using Canon EOS 650D with Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 with VC. Was wondering if they allow flash guns in there too.

Hi! All. I'm visiting the S.E.A aquarium at Sentosa this weekend. Wondering if anyone can share what settings i should use to take pictures inside. I'm using Canon EOS 650D with Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 with VC. Was wondering if they allow flash guns in there too.

Please, next time try a search. There's no need to repeat everything that's been posted before:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbies-corner/1227170-sea-aquarium-lens-recommendation.html

As for flash, please try reading the FAQ:
Visitor Information FAQ - S.E.A. Aquarium

The effects of flash and the resulting reflections can be tested at home. Take your time and let us know whether there are any 'anti reflection settings' for your camera.

It depends. Almost all consumer pretty cameras have small flashes built it. It is not strong enough to activate the sharks into berserk mode. But the management staff may still ask you to stop. The way to do it is to shoot till someone stops you.

And, on axis flash shots in such environment don't work well most of the time.

My advise is to read the other thread, and to shoot ambient exposure only. Boost up the ISO.

When I visited there 3months ago, I used flash, I guess its allowed to use flash there.

When I visited there 3months ago, I used flash, I guess its allowed to use flash there.
Based on the fact that nobody scolded you? Really strange .. No wonder SG is full of these Don't Do This! signs ..

Based on the fact that nobody scolded you? Really strange .. No wonder SG is full of these Don't Do This! signs ..

Obviously they are just graffiti since he thinks he can just ignore them

Obviously they are just graffiti since he thinks he can just ignore them

sorry guys, i didn't know... yeah i used flash when i visited there,i didn't know there r signs in there. i was busy i guess or didn't bother to know enough if it is prohibited or not...

so to TS, so dont use your flash gun..

sorry guys, i didn't know... yeah i used flash when i visited there,i didn't know there r signs in there. i was busy i guess or didn't bother to know enough if it is prohibited or not...
so to TS, so dont use your flash gun..
Many humans don't like a flash firing off into their eyes. Contrary to urban legends it's not harmful (not even to babies), but animals are easily scared off by the flash. It doesn't happen in their natural habitat. So please don't use flash so that other people can enjoy the sea creatures as well. Beside this, your pictures will look better without flash and a few bits of technique :)