Settings help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaps23

Apr 29, 2009
Hi, I have a d90 with a 18-105 kit lens. My shooting type is more to sports action but I think my setting is wrong because the images are always blur . Is there anyway to solve this. Thanks.

you might need a faster lens and try to use shutter priority

Use a faster lens or increase the shutter speed. You can try to increase the ISO to achieve faster shutter speed too.

There's a section in your camera manual on "Shutter speed". It will also describe freezing motion. RTFM.

with the same kit lens, aside from increasing the shutter speed, I use 3D-tracking for the AF area (but this would depend on what or who you're shooting). you can try by having someone jump while you shoot until you achieve what you want.

oh okay .. thanks for all the help .. How to set to the freeze motion ?

oh okay .. thanks for all the help .. How to set to the freeze motion ?

keywords are: faster shutter speed.
ways to acheive that with ur kit lens: higher ISO, biggest possible aperture.
using ur flash can help too (depends on situation and if u are near enough or not).

or issit TS is trying to do panning but his subject is always as blur as the background?
haha i'm just wandering so asking.. :bsmilie:
gambatte ne!

If your pictures are blur set your camera to M for manual
Shutter to about 250-380 of a second this is the setting I use for a table tennis match, set your aperture to be as big as possible so your camera can take in more light. Do not use high ISO because your image quality will be bad and grainy. do not change your
Exposure level. These are the few main factors to capture sports aperture, shutter speed and ISO ( preferably 100-600)

Status
Not open for further replies.