Settings for SB600

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey91

Jan 1, 2006
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
hi bro, to my D50, i till now still blur blurn dunno how to setting when shooting need...:embrass: the manual also read n read n read... but something still let my pics became under/ over exposure.. i thinking is my D50 setting... sometime got try to +1 / -1 , but seem like doesn't work on my pics... :(
can any bro help n teach??

overexpose sample pics

got try to change the setting.. still look like weird...:cry:

or alway set it AUTO mode will be safe??:think:

bro ,opinions , comments , suggestions PLS... thx!!!

if i got goto pud or disco n capture the singer... wat setting i need?? suggestion pls ,thx...
never try it at pub or disco...:(

You set the exposure control on the camera, rite?? Not the flash rite? And was the flash on the iTTL mode?

I would suggest that you do some trials with the camera and flash settings until you get used to the controls over different lighting conditions as well as room environment.

For a start, if you are shooting direct flash at the subject, such as Gary, you might wish to try lowering the flash's ev setting to about -0.7 to -1.3 (depending on the range you are from the subject)

And if you wish to capture more diffuse lighting, then you may wish to look at other alternatives such as a LS (Light sphere), Omni-bounce, Bounce card, etc...

Cheers,

Exposure looks correct to me. Which one is over/under?

espn said:
Exposure looks correct to me. Which one is over/under?

a member tell my pics are mostly overexpose, composition out, colour balance also out...
i still blur blur... just thinking how to get the right setting exposore:cry: :( :dunno:

joey91 said:
a member tell my pics are mostly overexpose, composition out, colour balance also out...
i still blur blur... just thinking how to get the right setting exposore:cry: :( :dunno:
all you can do is to see more photos, shoot more photos, once you see enough of your own photos, from one look on the LCD, you will know is the color balance and exposure right or not.
anyway, you can't expect a find a FIXED setting for ALL the situration, learn to see the histogram, the flash sometime set to zero is good, but sometime need to plus, sometime need to minus. not hard and fast rule.

catchlights said:
all you can do is to see more photos, shoot more photos, once you see enough of your own photos, from one look on the LCD, you will know is the color balance and exposure right or not.
anyway, you can't expect a find a FIXED setting for ALL the situration, learn to see the histogram, the flash sometime set to zero is good, but sometime need to plus, sometime need to minus. not hard and fast rule.

thx bro catchlights...

Nothing seems to be wrong..They look good to me... or maybe your friend's monitor have brighter setting?

joey91 said:

I'm browsing off my calibrated screen off my PowerBook & desktop LCD now, I can assure you the images you posted of Gary is exposed ok. Colours a bit off, but not that major to make a fuss out of it.

everybody agree exposure is fine? :) looks ok to me too... highlights on his cheek not blown...shadows not blocked out...should be ok what...agree colour is off...

Yeah... agreed exposure is ok!

Tho e colours is off, I kinda like e warm tone... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.