Settings for Canon DPP S/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeryltan

Jan 5, 2006
s5.photobucket.com
Can I know what settings you guys use when converting RAW to JPEG in DPP? I seem to suffer quite a bit of degradation in photo quality after I convert.. Here's some screenshots of the settings I'm using.. Would appreciate any advice on whether I should change any of my settings to get a "sharper" JPEG output picture..

DPPSettings4.jpg

DPPSettings3.jpg

DPPSettings2.jpg

DPPSettings1.jpg

Have you tried to extract to Tiff instead to compare ?

Jpg is a lossy compression image and there is some loss in quality thus does not give a "sharper" JPEG unless you use software like PS to sharpen it.

I always extract to TIFF for pro-processing, only convert to JPG at the final stage before sending for print / Web.

Just my personal view

Regards :)

Ok.. Will try that and see.. Tks..

DarkForce said:
Have you tried to extract to Tiff instead to compare ?

Jpg is a lossy compression image and there is some loss in quality thus does not give a "sharper" JPEG unless you use software like PS to sharpen it.

I always extract to TIFF for pro-processing, only convert to JPG at the final stage before sending for print / Web.

Just my personal view

Regards :)

jeryltan said:
Ok.. Will try that and see.. Tks..

By the way, whenever you resize the image, the image will become a litter blur, thus need to do some sharpening to it (but don't sharpening too much hor). :)

And always do sharpening as the final last step.

:) Tks for the tip..

DarkForce said:
By the way, whenever you resize the image, the image will become a litter blur, thus need to do some sharpening to it (but don't sharpening too much hor). :)

And always do sharpening as the final last step.

:bigeyes: output res.. 1200dpi...

to retain good resolution.. convert to tiff @ 300dpi is more then enough.. if you need more detail sharpness, use software.......

:bsmilie: Yah lor.. Kept increasing to see if it improved the output JPEG.. Will revert back to a lower setting the next time and see :)

DT_ said:
:bigeyes: output res.. 1200dpi...

to retain good resolution.. convert to tiff @ 300dpi is more then enough.. if you need more detail sharpness, use software.......

Oh.. PS CS2 can open the RAW files also? All along I thought must use DPP.. Tks for highlighting..

shadowmoses said:
USE CS2 to process your RAW..

jeryltan said:
Oh.. PS CS2 can open the RAW files also? All along I thought must use DPP.. Tks for highlighting..

You need the RAW plugin. Download from Adobe website.

Status
Not open for further replies.