Settings for 1Ds Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ender said:
keke...kena hammer by newbie
nah, just different opinions from different people, which is a good thing. We learn things faster this way. And c'mon, just cuz jredd has less postings doesn't make him a newbie.

actually i do hear of a lot of people who believes that photos should not be cropped, tweaked, or whatever...they basically try to get it right the first time around, like in the 35mm days.

rayphua said:
actually i do hear of a lot of people who believes that photos should not be cropped, tweaked, or whatever...they basically try to get it right the first time around, like in the 35mm days.
i concur.

btw you might want to look at this site
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1dsmkii/page14.asp
it helps alot to know why you want to change what.

Read the manual on the Picture Styles. I don't own a Mark II EOS DSLR, so I can't comment on that. But the settings are best to be at the lowest if you're shooting JPEG. If you're shooting RAW, most settings do not matter anyway. Another source of info would be CPS Europe.

http://www.cps.canon-europe.com/

Check out all the issues of the Newsletter, some articles will help you a lot.

rayphua said:

I differ.

This is an extreme view even for an ambitious purist.

Some sharpening, cropping and curving are at times needed to brings the photo alive and to your visual liking. Do not be dictated by the camera setting.

rayphua said:
That's true for slide film or positive film...

Regards,
Arto.

Ender said:
keke...kena hammer by newbie

sorry, perhaps in hindsight my language was a bit forceful... it was not my intention to hammer anyone..everyone is entitled to express an opinion. :D

rayphua said:
That is basically more a ego thing than the truth. "35mm days":rolleyes: Where did cropping, USM, dodge and burn, solarize, etc come from? All these were done back in the large, medium and yes, "35mm days". Do you think that didn't do it? :rolleyes:

Those who have darkroom exprience will know...

Status
Not open for further replies.