setting up my own table stop studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsenGrim

Jan 28, 2008
Yo,

wanna ask whats the most budget way to set uo my own table top studio?

what do i need?
I need at least 1 florenscens flash, softbox. different coloured back drop. right?

got any pirated EZcubes i can get?
http://www.ezcube.com/

Cheapo table, huge cardboard boxes thrown away and tracing paper to make a 'tent' and large pieces of art paper in different colours sold at Popular or art shops for $1 - $2.50.

Can use flash if you have two flash, or can even use two cheap table lamps with hot bulbs - just set your custom WB.

CHEERS!

CHEERS! THANK YOU!

YAY. I think tracing paper >>>> cloth. CHEAPZ also.

eh anyone know where can get those arcylic stand ar? put the product on top den will reflect one. 1 black and 1 white.

normal customed arcylic can liao i think. but the only shop i know in parklane, close liao.

CHEERS! THANK YOU!

eh anyone know where can get those arcylic stand ar? put the product on top den will reflect one. 1 black and 1 white.

normal customed arcylic can liao i think. but the only shop i know in parklane, close liao.

queensway area used to ahve an acrylic shop .. i think most framing and mounting shops sell them..

CHEERS! THANK YOU!

There is a shop at Jalan Besar Rowell Court they customise all sorts of acrylic stuff, try there.

oooo thanks yo!

last off topic qn! anyone knows if anywhere in the west got hobby shop? that offers to lend their equipment for a price.
like the one in bras basar, pay them a small fee, den can use their equipment at their shop to paint your figures. but bras basar is too far la!!!

p030408_2000-300x225.jpg

p030408_2001-225x300.jpg

my new table..

Sion MO!!!

i think Sion take light tent use as laundry bag...

:bsmilie::bsmilie:
but seriously looks like sia...
only $3 for that? wow! standard light tents costs so much much more..
even DIY also might cost more. like buying fabric or tracing paper (plus have to spend time making.. etc)

MO MO!!
lol

looks exactly like a light tent!

Light tent is normally square. But this one is rectangular.

I have to modify it by cutting open the side so that the opening is bigger and sew back the top flap.

One advantage for the rectangular shape is that if you want to shoot high angle, you can turn it upright for more room at the top. :)

EH!!! its VERY NICE LOL

MO PLEASE
hhwhahahaha :bsmilie:

where u find ar? all i those i found all funny funny colour one

if got grey colour one, can get one and cut 1 side out and become a foldable gray card!! hhahah or can use dye?

Light tent is normally square. But this one is rectangular.

I have to modify it by cutting open the side so that the opening is bigger and sew back the top flap.

One advantage for the rectangular shape is that if you want to shoot high angle, you can turn it upright for more room at the top. :)

means when u take photo from a higher angle, the top flap will blockz your camera? so cut open, move it back abit den sew back?

Im interested to know where to get decent lights i have DIYed 2 but the only drawback is that it's not easy to adjust position as it's in a box form without stands, would rather pay some money to get some decent budget lights

eh if you're not too tight on budget, can get some hot lamps from ikea lor, or your nearest light store.

den can either get standard light bulbs or get florenscense bulbs (use custom white balance) or a grey card.

to get more directed light, can line the inside of the lamp hood with aluminium foil (shiny side) den tissue paper the opening for diffusion. or tracing paper (or if using alight tent, den no need diffuse)
florenscense bulbs usually are frosted, so no need diffuse also

ikea got those lamp can clamp to table one, den the lamp head is 360degree adjustable, not bad.

Yo,

wanna ask whats the most budget way to set uo my own table top studio?

Assuming you are in Singapore, several branches of the National Library have the following book which could be rather helpful:

"Low budget shooting : do it yourself solutions to professional photo gear" by Cyrill Harnischmacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.