Setting up Camera shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff chen

Sep 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Good morning everyone,

I plan to set up a Camera shop but is in need of partners, so those who are interested in making some money out of their hobby and can dedicate time and money to this venture pse sign up! Plan to start early next year.

My email is chenjeff@singnet.com.sg and hp is 96795776. Pse reveal yr real names when u email or call me. Thanks.

BUY BUY BUY!

Got Clubsnap around sure won't go bankrupt one! Every week at least got one new DSLR being bought! Each one more expensive than the last!

BUY BUY BUY!

hehe...
if clubsnap members got discount...
sure got lotsa business!
:rbounce:

:D i second to that! what scale of investment are you toking abt? :D

Originally posted by Horus
:D i second to that! what scale of investment are you toking abt? :D

Most probably capital investment?
Anyway, *choi choi*, if there's poor business, at least the CS-ers who open the shop will have all the stuff to themselves.... at cost price somemore!!!

Just some thoughts......
We will be facing some serious competition (CP, AP) who are big time dealers.... They are the ones who can really get their stocks in bulk and they can afford to sell lower due to economies of scale (although they may be facing other dis-economies of scale)...

One of the major problems is that where are we going to get cheap stocks? IMO, one of the ways in which this could be done would be to get grey market stocks, eg HK. Then the shop could act as a middleman with regards to after sales service (easier said than done... :p)

And probably can introduce some membership card business > in which you sign up > then can get additional discount or something like that......

And of course > service must be the same, if not > better than CP!! And not forgetting to affliate CS with the shop too.

And let's all eliminate price discrimination... I hate it when the shops quote a higher price than what the other people have paid for.

PS: "We" means the whole of CS and those people who are interested in this venture.... heh. ;p

Not sure if these strategies will work or not.... They sound very theorical and ideal. :dunno:

If you are talking about opening a Studio, I'm interested. But if you are opening a store, NO WAY!! Cos I hate to sit behind a counter... hehe. :D

Guys, I have given it some thought...we may not start off big c/w CP and AP, but as long as we compete on price and gd svc, I am sure we can do better than those guys already in mkt! As a suggestion, we will adopt a strategy to sell hotselling items fast but low price...undercut all the big boys...

Moreover, we can give "preferential" treatment to clubsnappers and their families and friends, who can then introduce more friends and families...maybe, what we will do is sell fellow clubsnapper 10% above the cost price of an item and for their friends certain amt above cost price. We can discuss the details later...

We can also give something like membership (like HMV) where after a certain amount is accumulated, we give a $50 voucher or something on their birthdays? Just some thought...

Digipix and those who do not want to get involved fulltime...maybe u can be silent partners, just contribute a small amt to invest...then no need to be behind the counter the whole day lar!

But I think we will still need at least 3-4 of us, who are full time and commited to run the business...and dounch worry, we will get legal documentation when we set up the company...so who gets what and how much will be properly done every year and those with accounting skills can help with auditing and doing a company report.

Shall those of are interested then meet to discuss further? I am all ready to meet u guys next weekend...how?

Jeff

gotta build good relationships with customers
try to lure them away from alan photo and cathay
very hard...cos they got very strong foundation already

Totally agree.

You have to find a good location for your store. Rental will not be cheap, especially for the size like CP or AP, will cost at least $20K a month. Most shops will required to pay at least 2-3mths rental in advance and there goes your $60K just like that. Not forgeting renovation and most of all, stocks! Not trying to discourage here, but it's not easy.

You need good contacts, not only customers, but the most important of all, are the suppliers!

the brothers running AP are doing a very good job
the salesmen there are very experience just like the ones in CP
AP got the $$$ to buy in bulks
no wonder AP is one of the major players in digital cams right now
CP is expert in studio photography and it's salesmen are old timers and truly know their stuffs well
in order to be in the same flight with them, one got to have lots of capital to play with and have lots of contacts and must build great rapport with customers and suppliers.

Wait, with all these stuff, what about profit???

Don't:

1. Set up shop
2. .......discout here, discount there...
3. ???
4. Profit! :D

You cannot sell just 10% above cost, there is this thing called 25% govt. income tax...

Hey guys...don't be too ambitious in setting up a shop the size of AP or CP. We many even have to use our homes as storage or warehouse...

What I am looking is like John size shop...that's why more pple to be silent partner the better...

Rennovation, keep to simple, glass cabinet, lock and key...

I know we have to pay at least 3 months rental, so that is not the easy part.

Well, I am still game, wanna give it a try...

As for sales staff, there will be none, we will run our own shop with minimum salary to began with...

Yes, we will be profit oriented and those who wanna join just to buy camera gears at cost price need not be partners...only those serious enough to wanna make some money need to try!

Contacts will have to build over time, hopefully clubsnappers will be our first clients!

Originally posted by jeff chen
Hey guys...don't be too ambitious in setting up a shop the size of AP or CP. We many even have to use our homes as storage or warehouse...

What I am looking is like John size shop...that's why more pple to be silent partner the better...

Rennovation, keep to simple, glass cabinet, lock and key...

I know we have to pay at least 3 months rental, so that is not the easy part.

Well, I am still game, wanna give it a try...

As for sales staff, there will be none, we will run our own shop with minimum salary to began with...

Yes, we will be profit oriented and those who wanna join just to buy camera gears at cost price need not be partners...only those serious enough to wanna make some money need to try!

Contacts will have to build over time, hopefully clubsnappers will be our first clients!

Sure, but being clubsnappers yourself, I'm sure what kind of price range and service we expect. ;)

With regards to " those who wanna join just to buy camera gears at cost price need not be partners", are you implying that we can get at cost price even if not a partner? Naunces of laungauge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.