Setting the correct colour profile on Photoshop

gator

Dec 17, 2008
Hello all,

I have a question on setting the colour profile on Adobe Photoshop for web-posting.

I am using Photoshop CS6 and when I post-processed my photos, and upload them onto the net, the colours are not the same as what I see on the Photoshop.
Initially I thought it is due to the perception of colour due to the background on which the photo is displayed, hence I opened the same image with Windows Photo Viewer (white background), and the photo looks fine.

But when opening the same image with Internet Explorer and Opera (both white background), the vibrance of the image falls; it's not grossly different but you can tell the vibrance has definitely dropped.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered the same issue before and how to fix this.

Thanks!

1. Internet explorer and windows photo viewer do not support proper embedded color profiles.

2. Learn how to calibrate your monitor. Discussed to death, try a search. Especially in the digital darkroom section

Hello all,

I have a question on setting the colour profile on Adobe Photoshop for web-posting.

I am using Photoshop CS6 and when I post-processed my photos, and upload them onto the net, the colours are not the same as what I see on the Photoshop.
Initially I thought it is due to the perception of colour due to the background on which the photo is displayed, hence I opened the same image with Windows Photo Viewer (white background), and the photo looks fine.

But when opening the same image with Internet Explorer and Opera (both white background), the vibrance of the image falls; it's not grossly different but you can tell the vibrance has definitely dropped.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered the same issue before and how to fix this.

Thanks!

Check your Photoshop preferences or settings to ensure Adobe RGB is not selected & sRGB is selected, as most of the internet browsers are displaying images as sRGB.

Check your Photoshop preferences or settings to ensure Adobe RGB is not selected & sRGB is selected, as most of the internet browsers are displaying images as sRGB.

Use Save for Web.

photographers can work and save the works of tiff or PSD files in AdobeRGB color profile, but when need to post on web, or send files for lab printing, do remember to save the jpg in sRGB color profile.

wakaowalao's answer are more accurate, regardless whatever color profile of the original file is, when use Save for Web, the output will be in sRGB profile.