Setting on D70 - Sports Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuji Olykon

Nov 19, 2004
East, Macpherson
Going to shoot at the JP Morgan Chase Challenge Run this evening at Padang/Esplanade. What will be the best setting on D70 for such event, espeically you want to capture people runnig/motion? Should I use the following settings/mode?

Shutter Speed mode
AF-C Mode
Dynamic Area

What type of lens will be more ideal for such shooting, mid-zoom (18-70) or telephoto (70/80-200)? :think:

Any other tips to share?

Fuji Olykon said:
Going to shoot at the JP Morgan Chase Challenge Run this evening at Padang/Esplanade. What will be the best setting on D70 for such event, espeically you want to capture people runnig/motion? Should I use the following settings/mode?

Shutter Speed mode
AF-C Mode
Dynamic Area

What type of lens will be more ideal for such shooting, mid-zoom (18-70) or telephoto (70/80-200)? :think:

Any other tips to share?

what time is this event? thanks.

reachme2003 said:
what time is this event? thanks.

i prefer the 80-200 zoom lens. speed ranges from 1/180 to 1/1000 or higher depending on your intention. however, if panning, speed can go as slow as 1/45. AF-C is preferred. a sharp eye would help greatly. i may turn up.

reachme2003 said:
i prefer the 80-200 zoom lens. speed ranges from 1/180 to 1/1000 or higher depending on your intention. however, if panning, speed can go as slow as 1/45. AF-C is preferred. a sharp eye would help greatly. i may turn up.
Thank you.

The run will flag off at 6.00pm at Esplanade Bridge. Visit the flwg website to find out more:-
http://www.jpmorganchasecc.com/events.php?city_id=2

You might want to be there earlier to recce/deploy or take some pre-run shots. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.