Setting for Digi Cabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelchan

Apr 12, 2009
Hi all, pls help me with the setting for my dry cabinet. Inside the cabinet there is 3 color setting.
1.) Which color should I set?
2.) Then wat is the best setting to put in my cameras.
3.) How long will the setting be stable?

Thanks alots.

now got colour?

just adjust to the recommended humidity of 45-55% (someone else please confirm)
usually i set it and check the next day

Hi all, pls help me with the setting for my dry cabinet. Inside the cabinet there is 3 color setting.
1.) Which color should I set?
2.) Then wat is the best setting to put in my cameras.
3.) How long will the setting be stable?

Thanks alots.

refer to ur manual pls...

anyway, diff dry cabinet set differently lor..

mine is set at ard 11am...and it it showing 45%RH...

now got colour?

just adjust to the recommended humidity of 45-55% (someone else please confirm)
usually i set it and check the next day

yup...45-55%...

I set between 45-55% too. For the first time round,you'll probably need a while to get the setting right. :)

Mine set is DB 036 with metal tray.
Tried yesterday. Now the setting is 66% for almost 14 hrs liao. Is there any problem with my set? When I called up Digi Cabi this morning, the staff ask me to set it to 1 - 2 o'clock. Now I am quite confuse on the setting. (Will update the pic of the setting tonite)

Will my camera start growing fungus if I leave it inside the camera box for too long?

Thanks.

I have a DB-036 with the dial turned to 11~12 oclock. Display reads 44~45%. Open the door and it will shoot up to ~60%. Close it and it comes back down in roughly an hour.

i guess initially is like that, 1st time i use, it took more than half a day to go down to my desired level. Opening and closing frequently bring the humility level back up too. Usually set mine to 45-50

i set at 1o'clock.. usually it is 45-50ºc

Finally, I got the reading. Thanks for all the advise. But I still have a few qns to ask:
1) Is it everything can put in the dry cabinet? eg, battery, filters, etc
2) Do I have to do any maintence for the cabinet?

Thanks.

1) Put in items that need similar storage conditions. Reading respective manuals helps. Not all photographic items need storage in dry cabinet, batteries can also be stored outside.
2) Again, manual? Website? Remove dust from the dehumidifier at the back so that it doesn't develop and block the openings. If you like wipe the inside with damp cloth in spring cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.