set up for outdoor portrait photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentt_whale

Mar 27, 2004
Singapore - Indonesia
I'm intending to do outdoor portrait photography. I hope to get good advice on the equipment required and the set up for day/night situation.
Thanks all. :)

I'm intending to do outdoor portrait photography. I hope to get good advice on the equipment required and the set up for day/night situation.
you can bring one lens one camera and one model for outdoor portrait.

you also can lug studio strobe softbox power generator reflector, notebook table chair, portable changing room cooler box lunch box, models makeup artist wardrobe stylist art director assitants.

so depends on what you want.

First learn how to expose the pictures the way you want them to turn out... then shoot accordingly.

You can try with a camera with remote trigger, 1 flash, 1 softbox, 1 reflector for a start. 2 light stand or 2 assistants required.

All those beauty dish, strobe, continuous lights, umbrella can always come later.

You can try with a camera with remote trigger, 1 flash, 1 softbox, 1 reflector for a start. 2 light stand or 2 assistants required.

All those beauty dish, strobe, continuous lights, umbrella can always come later.

YOU DON'T NEED all those.... :nono:

it all depends on how you want to shoot and what kind of effects you need.

Look up/out for books at the public library under 'Photography'>portraits and Lighting for portraits. Loads of good information there.

Also, can look up the internet and youtube.

Ben, you forgot the kitchen sink! :bigeyes: HOW could you forget??? :nono:

YOU DON'T NEED all those.... :nono:

it all depends on how you want to shoot and what kind of effects you need.

Or can bring Zac with you. :devil:

He's a walking reference from cameras to lenses to flash to shooting to posing to ..... :lovegrin:

Lots of examples here. You can watch a video here. There are loads of information elsewhere. Have you done a search?

Outdoor is very simple..

- Suitable lens
- Camera (of course!)
- A flash unit (for fill in flash or for lower lit places)
- Soft-box Diffuser, bounce card, omnibounce etc. (optional)

Status
Not open for further replies.