Servicing of Camera and Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshooter

Nov 3, 2008
Singapore
Hi all,

Sorry for the noob question here. As i bought my stuffs pretty much 2nd handed, all the warranties are not registered under my name and were registered online. As such, i only have the unfilled hardcopy of the warranty card, which does little.

May i know if CSC helps us service our lens/camera if the registered names are not ours? Will they just check the warranty status online and accept the camera etc?

Please advise thanks in advance!

they dont really care if its no longer under warranty and you bring out the money haha

that of course. but what i'm asking are for the warranty items cos my stuff all under warranty but under other people's names. haha

Hi all,

Sorry for the noob question here. As i bought my stuffs pretty much 2nd handed, all the warranties are not registered under my name and were registered online. As such, i only have the unfilled hardcopy of the warranty card, which does little.

May i know if CSC helps us service our lens/camera if the registered names are not ours? Will they just check the warranty status online and accept the camera etc?

Please advise thanks in advance!

from my experience in trips to service centres, all they need and only need is proof of purchase (warranty card with receipt) should your camera is still under warranty.

doesn't matter who registers the camera online or not online..

from my experience in trips to service centres, all they need and only need is proof of purchase (warranty card with receipt) should your camera is still under warranty.

doesn't matter who registers the camera online or not online..

Agree... usually the do not even care to take a look at the ownership... They only concern about the things, not the people who bring it to the service centre....

Anyway, if they ask you about it (it never happen to me before), just tell them you are helping your friend to bring the camera or any other reason (tell them that the owner is overseas now, so he ask you to take care of his camera.... just make up something... hahaha...)

oh no what if no more receipt?!

just negotiate with them ba. think though rules are stated required both receipt and warranty card, but if you know how to talk your way through (such as receipt words faded off, paper poor quality then words dissapear, etc) think you still can sneak through with just warranty card ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.