Service level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireblade05

Feb 14, 2005
I just want to let off some steam here.

I'm sure each of us here have their own favourite shops to visit. Some choose a certain shop purely because the price is very attractive, some because of service, some because the staff are knowledgable and the list goes on.

Just recently, I went to a place selling cameras with the intention to enquire & purhcase a DSLR. When I got there, there was only 2 customers in the area and about 4 staff.

I was happily ignored, which I suspect was due to my attire (T-shirt, hey I live near there!). No problem, I said to myself, I'll take a look around then.

Not seeing the camera I have in mind, I approached a staff and told him I'm looking for a DSLR. I was acknowledged with a gruff "ah" (???) and he did not even bother to look at me. I walked out immediately.

That shop will never get my money, ever. Even if other shops are selling at a more expensive price with better service, I'll happily pay for it rather than to endure such poor sales service. Bottomline, you want my money, you earn it!

well, even big name like canon is fallable.

bought a 85 1.8,
didn't bother to check as its CANON.

reach home, a BIG speck of dust inside.
CP did a 1 to 1 xchange.
kids was with me,
so asked the CP staff check on my behalf.
he stared thru it towards the lights(?).

again found specks of dust inside.
feel bad about changing,
so send to canon.

a week later, called up to check on status.
a tech(female) called back to say guy servicing it on leave,
(it seems only 1 guy working there)
and parts not available(???).
when told that i just want it clean,
she fumble n said that THE GUY will call me on monday.

sad,
anyone wants this lens,
PM me.
rather buy Sigma after this.

so what if pic quality suffers a bit,
at least got pic.

:(

fireblade05 said:
I just want to let off some steam here.

I'm sure each of us here have their own favourite shops to visit. Some choose a certain shop purely because the price is very attractive, some because of service, some because the staff are knowledgable and the list goes on.

Just recently, I went to a place selling cameras with the intention to enquire & purhcase a DSLR. When I got there, there was only 2 customers in the area and about 4 staff.

I was happily ignored, which I suspect was due to my attire (T-shirt, hey I live near there!). No problem, I said to myself, I'll take a look around then.

Not seeing the camera I have in mind, I approached a staff and told him I'm looking for a DSLR. I was acknowledged with a gruff "ah" (???) and he did not even bother to look at me. I walked out immediately.

That shop will never get my money, ever. Even if other shops are selling at a more expensive price with better service, I'll happily pay for it rather than to endure such poor sales service. Bottomline, you want my money, you earn it!

Oh Well...I agree with u on this....if shops wan earn our $, they will have to improve their service liao...too bad alot shops in spore look down on ppl who dun wear suit and pants.... :bsmilie:

scramblur11 said:
Oh Well...I agree with u on this....if shops wan earn our $, they will have to improve their service liao...too bad alot shops in spore look down on ppl who dun wear suit and pants.... :bsmilie:
It applies to all 1st world countries, not only Singapore. Remember "Pretty Woman"? :D

Drudkh said:
It applies to all 1st world countries, not only Singapore. Remember "Pretty Woman"? :D

haha...ya I rem...so I guess this trend has globalised liao... :bsmilie:

scramblur11 said:

Once I went to Sim Lim intending to buy a Fuji S602 (SRP SG$1500). What I do is check and compare the price before buying. So one shop (2nd floor, near the escalator) quoted me the lowest price but at the time, I haven't checked the rest yet. So I went and found the 2nd best price is $1200. Went back to the 1st shop but the guy ignored me. When I told him he quoted me this price, he said that was before and he now changed his mind. I told him I'm prepared to buy it and he said my money is just peanuts to him and don't want to sell it to me anymore. So I have to choice but buy from the other shop. My point is, they don't care about your money. They can easily quote a higher price from foreigners.

ok i'm not going to name any shop names here. everyone have their opinions. what i've experienced is that when i wear "lok kok" ppl quote me cheaper prices and when i wear a little better they quote me like $100 to $200 higher

the sad thing is that when i wear better i usually have money to buy the stuffs.

i agree that customer service is important but maybe shop owners met ppl who bargain alot after they started being polite?

just my 10 cents

That's why only go to shops that are well know to offer good services. Sadly, there's only very few here that does that. Learnt my lesson before buying from shops that I'm not familiar with. In the end, kenna riped off. Now I only give business to credible shops.

Next time bring a camera (be it your phone, whatever camera), take down a picture of the salesman, shop and send in to ST and CASE. But do so with guts, meaning be ready to shout "HELP, someone beating me up" to attract attention from other shoppers outside.

A Chinese saying I really like, "You do 1st of the Month I do 15th"
hehehe

think in singapore people who work in service line work purely to earn a living.... for the money alone.. Do they really have the attitude to serve pple?? probably not.. Not many people take pride in giving excellent service.

but problem is people will still continue to buy from them and they'll still survive with their lousy service..

Status
Not open for further replies.