Service for failed Lexar CF card

Status
Not open for further replies.

centraljava

Jul 22, 2005
greetings forummers:

a 1GB Lexar CF card that i'd purchased along with my camera has failed. Formatting the card doesn't help and my PC won't even see it connected thru a card-reader.
Any idea how I should go about getting it repaired/exchanged? as far as i know, there's no service center for Lexar in Sgp.

thanks & best regards :)

thanks Jumbocrab! Learnt of Convergent from another thread before seeing your response; got a free replacement.

centraljava said:
thanks Jumbocrab! Learnt of Convergent from another thread before seeing your response; got a free replacement.

Lucky you. I sent my Lexar 80x CF card back , waited for 4 weeks and they still don't know when my card will be back :angry:

I have been informed by Convergent that there's currently no stock for the card. Stocks will come early 06. :)

Klose said:
I have been informed by Convergent that there's currently no stock for the card. Stocks will come early 06. :)

Waaahh, sent in Nov 2005 for RMA got to wait until 2006 :angry:

Stocks are in. Just got the call. :)

Klose said:
Stocks are in. Just got the call. :)

I just called, and it's not in yet... Convergent has kept me from my CF for 5 weeks and still have no idea when it'll be in ...

eawtan said:
I just called, and it's not in yet... Convergent has kept me from my CF for 5 weeks and still have no idea when it'll be in ...

strange i already got mine just now :think:

i sent in a 4gb kingston card 3 weeks ago... at first i was promised 2 weeks and till now...i haven been called by them...... i did call them up and was told tt they didnt have stock....

Witness said:
i sent in a 4gb kingston card 3 weeks ago... at first i was promised 2 weeks and till now...i haven been called by them...... i did call them up and was told tt they didnt have stock....
kingston??? or lexar 4gb?

Witness said:

My lexar is now on it's 6th week and still no news. I called them many times and the reply I got was "no idea when the stock will come in, just have to wait". Even when pressed to at least get an estimate on how long to wait, the only answer was "no idea, depends on lexar". I am extremely displeased with convergent's service this time round. Always had the impression that their RMA turnaround was great . :angry:

eawtan said:
My lexar is now on it's 6th week and still no news. I called them many times and the reply I got was "no idea when the stock will come in, just have to wait". Even when pressed to at least get an estimate on how long to wait, the only answer was "no idea, depends on lexar". I am extremely displeased with convergent's service this time round. Always had the impression that their RMA turnaround was great . :angry:

It's the 1GB 80x correct?

its been a month and still no news about my card from convergent..... even though i was told two weeks at first...... i bought the card for my dec assignments...and ended up using it once..... and now...december is over hahaha....

Witness said:
its been a month and still no news about my card from convergent..... even though i was told two weeks at first...... i bought the card for my dec assignments...and ended up using it once..... and now...december is over hahaha....

Honestly, if u want any response, call them, insist on talking to the local lexar product manager . Call/visit the local lexar office

Lexar Singapore Pte Ltd
101 Thomson Road
# 23-01 United Square
Singapore 307591

Tel: (65) 6513 4220
Fax: (65) 6513 4221

I even wrote a rather unpleasant email to lexar and talked to lexar customer support.

Status
Not open for further replies.