Service center for Oakley

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi guys, anyone knows where is the service center for Oakley? Used to be stanley road, but when i tried calling, the number no longer exists! Is it still there?

TS, they are now at:

Larrikin Pte Ltd
4 Leng Kee Rd #04-04
SIS Bldg Singapore 159088.

Tel : 6479 2838

TS, they are now at:

Larrikin Pte Ltd
4 Leng Kee Rd #04-04
SIS Bldg Singapore 159088.

Tel : 6479 2838

Thanks dude... anyway, did anyone did prescription lenses for oakley sunglasses? Heard it is super ex...

Also to check, if some of the colors start to peel off my prescription glasses, will they do anything as a warranty??

Peeling? Hmm... they could easily attribute it to you using chemical cleaning fluids. my oldest pair is 7~8 years already and there's nothing wrong with the coating. Anyway, you can try giving them a call to ask. No harm :)

Yup, prescription lenses are very expensive from them... and also you need to note, due to the curvature for many of their wrap around designs, there is some limitation to whether they can be prescription or not...

Peeling? Hmm... they could easily attribute it to you using chemical cleaning fluids. my oldest pair is 7~8 years already and there's nothing wrong with the coating. Anyway, you can try giving them a call to ask. No harm :)

Yup, prescription lenses are very expensive from them... and also you need to note, due to the curvature for many of their wrap around designs, there is some limitation to whether they can be prescription or not...

Yea... i thought they shld not peel also... its just sweat and water... :(

I have three cases of peeling off coating for oakley Iridium lenses, mostly after 2 years plus which not covered by warranty. This is happen to my black iridium minutes, my black iridium half jacket, and one prescription lenses. Mostly the peeling part is near to the place where has contact with skin and sweet. The reason they give is similar to bro yaplatball, because of the chemical used to clean the lens which I told them is BS. I also surprised to get similar answer in the Hollywood Oakley flagship store in LA when I was there earlier this this year to replace my damaged my half jacket lenses to Iridium Polarized version, they recommend me to buy oakley cleaning kit. Anyway for my prescription galss I stilll use Oakley frame but I will never buy oakley lenses anymore.

Huh... yes the peeling is where there is skin contact... so no waranty on that?? :(

Was thinking of getting lenses from them with degrees for my minute... so not advisable now since it can peel too?!

oakley....
had 7 pairs.
3 of them peeled.
the worse one was my a-wire polarised which was in my car.
and i dont even leave it on the dashboard.
started peeling at about 2 years too.
after the 3rd pair peel, i told myself no more oakley for me anymore.

you have been warned.

and honestly, their service sucks....:thumbsd:

oakley....
had 7 pairs.
3 of them peeled.
the worse one was my a-wire polarised which was in my car.
and i dont even leave it on the dashboard.
started peeling at about 2 years too.
after the 3rd pair peel, i told myself no more oakley for me anymore.

you have been warned.

and honestly, their service sucks....:thumbsd:

wah 7 pairs! rich sia ;)
okie... haiz :(

hmm i had one which the colour faded alittle less than a year loh !!.... but under warrenty so no questions asked, on the spot fix, just replace lens.

hmm okley so bad arr .... hmmm taghauer sunglasses good ? OT abit or any other brands anyone recommend ?

Though Oakley has improved their quality over the years, their lenses still sucks (and customer service too). I bought my 1st oakley around 1989 and since then i've owned maybe 7-8 pairs. Putting aside those that i've misplaced, the lenses of the rest have since peeled off but the frames r still ok. I think it's cos i don't use the oakley cleaning kit. My julliet's lenses r still ok but the metal frame is dull and unpolished looking after not wearing it for a few years. My verdict is that don't expect your oakley lenses to last for more than 3 years in a country where you will perspire and don't waste your $$ on oakley.

Well, there are 2 things I can say...

1. For replacement lenses or new shades, go to www.framesdirect.com

2. I'm much much much much happier with Rudy Project than Oakley.

hmmm why ah. i also run and bike in my oakleys. but no problems with my lenses leh...

other than one pair of Hollowpoint which had the ends of the frame corroded after 3+ years... i've had no other problems wor...

Well, there are 2 things I can say...

1. For replacement lenses or new shades, go to www.framesdirect.com

2. I'm much much much much happier with Rudy Project than Oakley.

ooo...I like Rudy Project. Good maker of sport sunglasses. Had two pairs for mountain biking and they lasted me about 8 yrs till I retire them as they looked their age in style that is heheh. Scoff up the mirror finish as I have crash with them from my bike or have dropped it. Another favorite of mine is Killer Loops. Oakleys are good but like all stuff you use or wear for sports...how tuff they are claimed their product to be...sooner or later they will wear down. Some quicker while others take abit more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.