Serpents...

Saw it by chance when I was about to cross the dead log in a well shaded area. Noticed the bright orange stripe along the grains of the damp bark as I was about to place my hand on it. After following the line for about 30-40cm, it came to my mind that it's a snake there. :bsmilie:

It tried to strike at me a few times before turning around and made its way into a hole on the dead log.

Saw it by chance when I was about to cross the dead log in a well shaded area. Noticed the bright orange stripe along the grains of the damp bark as I was about to place my hand on it. After following the line for about 30-40cm, it came to my mind that it's a snake there. :bsmilie:

It tried to strike at me a few times before turning around and made its way into a hole on the dead log.

Wow, sounds dangerous...

Nice add-on shots of the Oriental Whip Snake! :thumbsup:

Wow, sounds dangerous...

Nice add-on shots of the Oriental Whip Snake! :thumbsup:

It would have ignored me if I didn't notice and provoked it with the flashes. It was only acting in self defense. Snakes are always misunderstood by many. They are not as harmful as most people think. Whatever they do, there is a reason and it's usually self defense.

They will leave you alone when you leave them alone. Just enjoy their beauty from a distance and you will definitely be safe.

The problem is that most drivers will speed past all these roads with less vehicles ignoring whatever was on the road. But some smaller species are really hard to spot.

True..very true. Ive seen a 2m black spitter ran over along NTR.

Last edited:
the dwarf reed snake damn cute la..;p

The only problem is that it's not easy to spot them although they are common. That's about as big as they get.

It looks just barely larger than a large earthworm! A beauty!

Very nice shots again.