seriously - is this a good deal - $ 420 for a export Panasonic DMC-G5KK

Look at the other prices in the BnS section and compare and decide yourself. Only you know what is worth.

Is it from Nigeria? ;-)

it was a offer from amazon.....

dun think it a scam....

where, the panasonic thread is like a dead sub forum..

You mentioned Amazon was where you got the price. So you should check the seller's rating there. Why would you even think it means the forum?

And by the way, it is the Newbies' Forum, but please look around and do some due diligence in searching threads using the search tool and google to find out how to determine whether it's a good deal or not. You can start by looking for the retail price of the G5 yourself

ask you guys here.
this is a newbies thread right....

That does not mean we can help you with an issue on a camera only you own. We are not a complimentary Panasonic helpdesk. Also, just because this is a newbies corner does NOT mean we are obligated to answer you. Posting "good buy or not" over and over again will just result in one answer:

If you know so little about that model compared to the competition, you should not buy anything at all.

is this consider a good deal.

any pro here can guide me

Is it in USD or SGD?

There will be GST charged if its above $400.

Seriously its up to u. Some ppl can live without warranty

Is it in USD or SGD?

There will be GST charged if its above $400.

Seriously its up to u. Some ppl can live without warranty

SGD 420

USD 299

LOCAL SELLING 1129

that why i cannot resist buying...

SGD 420

USD 299

LOCAL SELLING 1129

that why i cannot resist buying...

well... SGD420 is a considered a fairly good price and if the seller's legit on Amazon why not go for it since u said u can't resist buying.

Rashkae and Kei told u to check local B n S prices which i believe u should have done so already if u r serious abt buying. Use them as a price point for comparison. I can say that the RRP for the G5 is lame, go check the prices at local Funan shops etc.

good price..but...

not sure about the warranty thing..

just hope all turn out fine for 1 year.

oh..someone in other forums selling a brand new set believe a amazon set for $600...with 14-42 kit lens.

so yeah...$420 is a good deal..not sure how much the GST adds up..

US$ 299 is body only, plus a "standard" battery, could be 3 party battery.
anyway, this set only ship within USA, so you need to use a concierge service to ship it to SG,
you can check out the return policy before you buy, if it is not you want, you can return it within the time frame, all you have to lose is shipping cost and exchange rate.

or come to worst, just dispose it at B&S.

btw, the 7% is the on total cost including shipping.

US$ 299 is body only, plus a "standard" battery, could be 3 party battery.
anyway, this set only ship within USA, so you need to use a concierge service to ship it to SG,
you can check out the return policy before you buy, if it is not you want, you can return it within the time frame, all you have to lose is shipping cost and exchange rate.

or come to worst, just dispose it at B&S.

btw, the 7% is the on total cost including shipping.

the price of usd 299 is inclusive of the 14-42 kit lens
but for the battery wise, i am not sure.
i have mention sgd420 coz i have factor in the shipping cost of sgd50 dollars.