Serious Thought Required - A question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame that anyone would want a release from life :cry:

If for no other reason,

A live person can say,"I've had enough", and choose death.

But a dead person can't choose to live for any reason.

different beliefs, different values.
I believe that my life is beyond this human life time.

Lets hope there would be some serious discussion on this question as I've been mulling over this question over the past few months:

Come a day, on the assumption that u are at a cross-road of your life. You are being forced to make an EITHER-OR decision based on a single problem. The consequences of going down either path of decision would lead invariably to either a large group of people suffering anguish, pain and torment or to you alone, suffering anguish, pain and torment.

Caught in a cross-road situation where taking either path would lead to suffering, what is the solution out of it?

P/S: Hope everyone would help a little, never mind if u're a little incoherent. This question had been bothering me for quite a while though.
i offer this. maybe it's not about the suffering itself, but how you or the people involved deal with it.

after a choice has been made, no point mulling over it and constantly remind oneself "ohh i'm suffering, how i suffer so" and start the blaming game. move on.

help yourself move on, help others to move on.

everyday, on every level of living, we make choices some of which will inherently cause suffering, either directly or indirectly. it's only when we choose to magnify the obvious, that's when suffering overcomes us and leaves us helpless.

Thanks stereo, nevertheless, the views which u had offered would help greatly.

But a dead person can't choose to live for any reason.

We may argue that sometimes a person chooses to die because he
or she believes that a second life may be better through reincarnation.
Best is not to be afraid of death as it is part of being a human being
on earth.

----------------------------------------------------------
A time will never come when you are
free of all activities so everyday you have to
find the opportunity...Death is definite but the time
of death is indefinite - it can strike us at any time,
therefore do not procrastinate. - HH Dalai Lama

Status
Not open for further replies.