serious hardware issues with 2008 octo Macpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

triotary

Jul 19, 2006
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=419100

I just bought mine 3 days ago, bone stock 2.8 Quad core with 23" ACD, and it already crashed 4 times with that similar weird screen glitches that you see from the URL above. Can't do much but to reboot the system, but it will happen over and over again... randomly on any load the system is taking. From what I've read through all those pages, it seems to be the GFX card issue. this su*ks so bad >.< ARCGH!!! anybody here has this issue? :angry:

some of them got replacements, even up to 2 replacements, they still faced the same problem even with 10.5.2 update.

I have one of those G5 iMac's that has problems with a certain batch of LCD monitors/controllers, and I now have numerous lines running vertically........appeared after the warranty is over. Many people have this problem and it is because of a faulty LCD controller, but Apple won't do a recall eventhough they know the matter. This is my last Apple.......

HS

That's Apple for you.

My boss insisted the Graphic Design dept uses MacPro. So he just bought 2 MacPro 2 days ago. The amount spend was about $11,000 plus without softwares (equivalent to 3 top end PC with software included)

The minute the IT person finish installing Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite, it crashes.:bsmilie:

That's Apple for you.

My boss insisted the Graphic Design dept uses MacPro. So he just bought 2 MacPro 2 days ago. The amount spend was about $11,000 plus without softwares (equivalent to 3 top end PC with software included)

The minute the IT person finish installing Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite, it crashes.:bsmilie:

I agree with your boss too. I'm with apple since 8 years ago, and been through two G4 quicksilver, a G5 powermac and a G4 powerbook, along with adobe suites since then, I never have much problem with my work.

Well it is just this time my wife didn't want to listen to my advice and wait for a new product to mature in a market first, and wanted to upgrade right away. I believe new electronic products, especially computer, will have a lot of bugs with their initial launch. Anyhow, now with a buggy gfx card, I just got to wait for apple's solution :(

I agree with your boss too. I'm with apple since 8 years ago, and been through two G4 quicksilver, a G5 powermac and a G4 powerbook, along with adobe suites since then, I never have much problem with my work.

Well it is just this time my wife didn't want to listen to my advice and wait for a new product to mature in a market first, and wanted to upgrade right away. I believe new electronic products, especially computer, will have a lot of bugs with their initial launch. Anyhow, now with a buggy gfx card, I just got to wait for apple's solution :(

Oh this is just one of the thousand of issues which my designers curse and swear. In fact, they are so use to their home PC which uses Adobe Suite and so on has very little or no problem with system hanging, crashing and so on.

The best part about it is, when their G5 Power Mac (the last Generation before MacPro was launch) was even better. We had a little minor problem with the PSU. So my IT guys took it down to the Apple Centre in AMK to change it. After 3 weeks, they went to collect it. My IT guys decide to open the case just to check the PSU has been replace. Guess what they found when they open up at the centre? Parts of the GFX parts had drop below the case! Second was the GFX was not properly fix.......

So my boss obviously was not happy about it and went down to the centre and gave them so much problem, the centre decided to replace a new one for him. :bsmilie:

That's Apple for you.......

I do use Apple product as well as I was an owner of PowerPC, iBook G4 and MacBook but basically I only use it for surfing. Reason for using Apple product is it has less virus when surfing the net.

For Photoshop and so on, a PC with custom configuration for my work. :thumbsup:

It's not just the software given problems but hardware as well.

I feel the problem is not so much the hardware/software issues (who doesn't have them... and they usually gets solved in the end) but Apple's attitude to the issues... an illuminating article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/27/apple_imac_display_problems_reported/

they would actually censor and lock threads in their help forums to cover up issues... sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.