Serinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

Feb 2, 2008
Singapore
Short this rare scene at the Singapore Chinese Gardens at night. The lighting was from the adjacent golf course. I think this picture evokes a sense of serinity (probably a little spooky?)

Seeking your honest comments on composition

Captured on ISO200 APS Film and scanned the print
Shutter speed 6Sec
Aperture 3.5

Singapore-ChineseGarden2.jpg

IT definitely does not look like a night shot to me:think:though i believe u;) reminds me of a dawn or dusk light:)very pleasant picture ...i like it:):thumbsup:

yup. i think it is pretty good though like what the previous user said, it doesnt look like night to me. more like dawn. overall, it gives me a sense of mistiness and spookiness. great shot, i would say

If you guys have been to Chinese Gardenat night, the lights from the golf course is rather bright. Therefore it might look like a day shot. Probably because of the glare I suppose.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Yes, it looks unbelievable. Especially due to the light reflecting off the sky(diffusion??) and making it look like day sky. The golf course lights are seriously bright.

Correct your horizon please. A tad too much exposure. Make it more obvious that it's night. The sky could have been a thundercloud passing over, lighting on the leaves from a flash and ambient light on the grass.

Because, you want it to look 'night but day surreal pic' and not 'let me explain that while this looks like a day shot, it's actually shot at night'. Maybe that doesn't really explain what I mean, but it's relation to the photographer's intent. Get over the unbelievable-ness of the lighting effect and produce some worthy pics using it, for this picture is just one of your many test shots.

Thank you for the comments. Yes the horizon is over exposed. There was a bright floodlight just to the right of the frame which caused the horizon to be over exposed. Will take that into consideration.

funnily enough here i do not find myself bothered by the horizon, although yes, correcting it would be good

this is a beautiful shot with great composition.. very good use of leading lines, and somehow the way the trees are framed is perfect. good one! :thumbsup:

This picture look OK to me.:)

Thing that bother me is this picture look long, 4"w x 7.5"H.

I think can write some chinese poetry on top.:bsmilie:

I like this shot, very nice lighting.

The composition is nice too.
Due to the massive green leaves on the top, the pic looks a bit top heavy. Perhaps framing a tad lower to avoid the dark leaves shadow on the top corners and move the camera a step back so that the S-curve (edge of lake) on the bottom extend to the bottom right corner ?

My 2 cts.

I like this shot, very nice lighting.

The composition is nice too.
Due to the massive green leaves on the top, the pic looks a bit top heavy. Perhaps framing a tad lower to avoid the dark leaves shadow on the top corners and move the camera a step back so that the S-curve (edge of lake) on the bottom extend to the bottom right corner ?

My 2 cts.

Yes, now that you mentioned, I realize that I should have backed up a bit or frame a little low to let the lake edge extend to the bottom right corner.

the first thing i said when i saw the picture was, 'WOW'.

Status
Not open for further replies.