Series shot with D70 KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Four Eyes

Apr 26, 2004
Hi guys,

I,m still learning to use this camera. Tried to take series shot with this camera but the pictures comes out dark. Have increased the ISO setting to the max 1600 but still no diff. Don't know whether i set the cam setting correctly ( Focus mode M, Mode dial M, Shooting mode CONTINOUS, Image quality Normal, Image size L, White balance A,Autofocus mode AF-S,Metering mode 3D COLOUR MATRIX . Has anyone encountered this problem. Please share. :confused:

Mode Dial M.

Check your exposure(shutter/Aperture) settings.

maybe u want to set ur aperautre to a wider setting like 4.5 - 5.6 ??? cuz a F2.8 will require a huge amt of sunlight... correct me if iam wrong.. :bsmilie:

Four Eyes said:
Hi guys,

I,m still learning to use this camera. Tried to take series shot with this camera but the pictures comes out dark. Have increased the ISO setting to the max 1600 but still no diff. Don't know whether i set the cam setting correctly ( Focus mode M, Mode dial M, Shooting mode CONTINOUS, Image quality Normal, Image size L, White balance A,Autofocus mode AF-S,Metering mode 3D COLOUR MATRIX . Has anyone encountered this problem. Please share. :confused:

What are your aperture and shutter speed settings? U are on Manual mode when u leave it on Dial M. I suspect your aperture and shutter speed settings are too high for the lighting condition as u mentioned u set to ISO 1600 and still get dark images. Try leaving your camera dial on P instead of M. P is Prog mode and that will adjust your aperture and shutter speed automatically to suit the lighting condition.

glennyong said:
maybe u want to set ur aperautre to a wider setting like 4.5 - 5.6 ??? cuz a F2.8 will require a huge amt of sunlight... correct me if iam wrong.. :bsmilie:

it's the other way round. the smaller the number, the wider the aperture and the faster the shutter speed.

under manual mode, you need to know the exact aperture, shutter speed and ISO to get the correct exposure. if you want partial control, use aperture priority (camera determines the shutter speed) or shutter priority (camera determines the aperture).

I think the best is put the camera in A /S /P mode and take the readings of shutter speed and Aperture and use those settings in M mode. Try if it has the same problem now.

Alternatively, you can take the camera to a very sunny scene and adjust the shutter speed and the aperture such a way that that the built in camera meter shows zero reading.

Ajeesh

glennyong said:

yes, you are wrong. the opposite of what you say apply

Perhaps you can post a few photos with their EXIF data here for better understanding such that the more experienced ones might point out the fault.

you have probably not read the meter properly and adjusted the apperture and shutter appropraitely.

Thanks for the info guys. Will read up on the manual and give it a try. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.