Series of Photographic Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezzotint

Dec 27, 2004
Balestier area
martinliew.zenfolio.com
The following series of talks shall be organized by The Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) and
held at the National Library, in conjunction with the late Mr. Yip Cheong Fun exhibition.

"Travel Photography" by Mr. Hui Man Yan
Exhibition Dates: 19th March 2006, Sunday
Time: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Venue: National Library
FREE ADMISSION

"Simple Steps to Color Correction" by Mr. Goh Kim Hui
Exhibition Dates: 1st April 2006, Saturday
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
FREE ADMISSION

"Digital B&W Printing" by Epson Singapore
Exhibition Dates: 16th April 2006, Sunday
FREE ADMISSION

"Digital Darkroom" by Mr. Goh Kim Hui
Exhibition Dates: 23rd April 2006, Saturday
FREE ADMISSION

kinda boring. same old people sharing the same old stuff again and again.

reachme2003 said:

It may seems boring to you but not to other people. You're just being full of yrself dude!

My main purpose in posting this thread is to share this information to anyone who's interested to attend to. So what it has been held many times before? There are people who missed in the past or beginners who want to learn more.

So you're not interested please do not post something that sounds irritating and rude to the person who posted this thread and to those speakers!!! You just have no respect for others not to mention to yrself, so this is what you get from me!!! :angry:

reachme2003 said:

If you are not happy just press "Back" and continue your surfing. Get a life and carry on!

if you are not keen and don't bother about such information that people had posted, please do not have to make such a childish statement. It just tell people about yourself and not that "old people" you mention.

Thanks for sharing this info Mezzotint. I would love to attend some of them.

Don't bother about people who don't appreciate what you do and make snide remarks about it. They simply have no EQ in them. I have met lots. Even though the problem seems to be on them, they will always think that the problem is on everyone else.

I always believe that you can never change people and how they treat you but you can always change the way you respond to them.

Mezzotint...thanks for sharing the info.

I went to Mr. Hui Man Yan's talk before. I must say that although he may not be very fluent in English, I enjoyed it very much. He always have interesting stories from his overseas trips to share too.

Will go down this Sunday again to see his latest travel photos...

freefall7 said:

I went to Mr. Hui Man Yan's talk before. I must say that although he may not be very fluent in English, I enjoyed it very much. He always have interesting stories from his overseas trips to share too.

Thanks Mezzotint for sharing it, I will go down on this coming Sun. ;)

Upz for the nite birds to read.... :thumbsup:

freefall7 said:

I agree. especially those sunset photographs with horses he took from Indonesia. If you have time don't miss it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

vincenthau said:
If you are not happy just press "Back" and continue your surfing. Get a life and carry on!

if you are not keen and don't bother about such information that people had posted, please do not have to make such a childish statement. It just tell people about yourself and not that "old people" you mention.
did you know you can scroll all the way to the bottom and use the forum jump also? :D

thanks for sharing the info. like what illustrious said, do we need to sign up? where can we find out more info?

yanyewkay said:
did you know you can scroll all the way to the bottom and use the forum jump also? :D

thanks for sharing the info. like what illustrious said, do we need to sign up? where can we find out more info?

No pre-registration required. I'm afraid you can't find any details at PSS's website nor the National Library site. So just drop by any enjoy the seminars. :)

Heh, just added all the events to my yahoo calendar AND put 1 day reminder. Need to go see see and learn learn, THANKS for posting the thread Mez. :)

Thankz!! Even "OLD" people can provide new insight to photography !! :thumbsup:

jonoq said:
Thankz!! Even "OLD" people can provide new insight to photography !! :thumbsup:

Have attended quite a few of these talks since the early 1970s.
After two decades of going to such events I am able to
analyse and summerise what the speakers were giving to the audiences.

Older (elderly) experienced speakers can provide new insight
to photography if they want to but most often than not it is something
the audiences have to be the judge.

For the younger inexperienced
learner I would be happy if he or she can adopt the
attitude of learning from everyone you meet. Hurry go
and give yourself a chance to break out of your limiting beliefs. :thumbsup:

--------------------------------------
Good speakers can break out of limiting beliefs of
the audiences and give possible insight into achieving
new heights in whatever they are capable of doing.

Free photography talks in aircon environment.
Singaporeans are so lucky.
Thanks for the information, Mezzotint.
Upzz for a useful and good thread... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.