Serenity

Status
Not open for further replies.

docdeng

Aug 20, 2006
Hi. I'm a newbie and just started to learn how to post here last week.
This is a picture taken at dusk time in Sakura Jima in Japan last December with my first DSLR.
Please C & C.

GLOOM

eng_keow

Oct 8, 2004
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
err..docdeng,

I'm not sure if this pic gives me a sense of serenity. It's quite gloomy (overcast sky) and the clouds have no detail or defination. The 2 trees on the left are practically leaf-less, much like what I would see after a typhoon.

keep shooting and posting but sorry - can't feel serene with this one. :think:

err..docdeng,

I'm not sure if this pic gives me a sense of serenity. It's quite gloomy (overcast sky) and the clouds have no detail or defination. The 2 trees on the left are practically leaf-less, much like what I would see after a typhoon.

i agree... personally i can't find a focal point as well... v plain picture IMHO. sky isnt spectacular either... but anyways, nice try la... cont shooting!

docdeng

Aug 20, 2006
err..docdeng,

I guess the title is not appropriate. Lets say we disregard the title. I intended on making this a silhoutte shot. Is it a norm for silhouttes to be taken on bright background? This was taken at dusk. I wanted to convey a different mood here --brooding, quiet and cold. Like what you said it looked gloomy. I included the two trees without leaves to complement the gloomy sky for my theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom