[sequitur] a photo a day 2012.

sequitur

Apr 17, 2003
flickr.com

15th January - Lyon, France, during the Fête des Lumières.

Also trying to reboot my website after neglecting it for a long while.

Last edited:

16th January - at the riverside in Nice, France.

Street photography has always been a passion that I've held, and France presented me with lots of such opportunities. Fleeting moments captured are always memorable.

Welcome to APAD. :)

Beautiful start. :heart:

Marseille, France.

17th January - Marseille en couleur... Marseille in colour. Was just driving back from my fitness test today, and I was reminded of the great times I had driving on the roads of France – the top speeds were one, but what I really remembered more was the beautiful scenery we could soak up along the way. Wish I could be back there again someday.

Happy Valley (跑馬地), Hong Kong.

18th January - Horse racing at Happy Valley in Hong Kong is nothing less than a major affair. A small portion of the stadium gets allocated to punters who aren't members of the Hong Kong Jockey Club and (mainly English-speaking) tourists, while the remaining 6 other sections are dedicated to VIPs, business activities, and various other social gatherings. Entry with the Octopus Card was easy (and relatively cheap, at only HKD$10), and the first things that hit you would be not just the ginormous and somewhat towering stadium, but also the entire merry and festive mood that the place designs itself to be. Definitely a must-visit when on a trip to Hong Kong.

Singapore.

19th January – From the archives. In this age of increasing technology, communication is surprisingly becoming increasingly non-verbal. Or rather, people hardly find the humans standing next to them interesting anymore. Everybody gets glued to their own music, Facebook streams, twitter updates, tumblr reblogs… do we even forget that we are really human?

Sapa, Vietnam.
Leica M7 + 50mm summilux + Kodak Ektar 100

20th January – I travel because it is through traveling where the world unfolds before me. While the internet prepares one for travel, the experience of stepping on foreign soil is a feeling vastly different from simply knowing about the existence of a place. Traveling may be enjoyment, but traveling is also knowledge.

16 Jan - v nice :)

Singapore.

19th January – From the archives. In this age of increasing technology, communication is surprisingly becoming increasingly non-verbal. Or rather, people hardly find the humans standing next to them interesting anymore. Everybody gets glued to their own music, Facebook streams, twitter updates, tumblr reblogs… do we even forget that we are really human?

Nicely compose and love the write up on this image. :)

16th January - at the riverside in Nice, France.

Street photography has always been a passion that I've held, and France presented me with lots of such opportunities. Fleeting moments captured are always memorable.

I don't exactly understand why I like it, but it really looks nice & feels like the whole picture just clicks :D

Mid-Levels, Hong Kong.

20th January – It is hard to imagine not being caught in the action anywhere in the metropolis that is Hong Kong. Yet as one walks in the crowd, the nagging feeling hums itself at the heartstrings – in this metropolis that is Hong Kong, everyone is a lonely soul.

Snow near Orcines, France.

22nd January – It’s the eve of Chinese New Year, and here I am processing and uploading photos. Photo was taken near Orcines, France, when we made a very brave attempt to try to reach the Puy de Dôme from Clermont-Ferrand despite the car’s temperature sensor indicating sharp drops in temperature along the ascent, and tell-tale signs of a snow-in from cars passing us by on their descent. We finally got stuck for a while, but that was the first time I’d ever seen real snow in my life, so while the drive was scary (yes the car skidded a little because we didn’t have snow tyres with the rental), the experience was nonetheless satisfying.

At Place Bellecour, Lyon, France.

23rd January – Happy Chinese New Year, everyone. Today’s photo is some sort of a little funny one, in a way – at the Fête des Lumières, there was mention of a “special light-up event on Place Bellecour”, well-pubilcized only through their internet website. Many showed up to wait, us included, but that light-up obviously never came. Well, I suppose that’s too bad.

On the tram ride to Happy Valley, Hong Kong.

24th January - Second day of the lunar new year is finally coming to an end, and work life resumes tomorrow for almost all of us. A new start, with some new resolutions (as usual), so let's start seeing some of what I set out to do come through. To 2012.

Snow near Orcines, France.

22nd January – It’s the eve of Chinese New Year, and here I am processing and uploading photos. Photo was taken near Orcines, France, when we made a very brave attempt to try to reach the Puy de Dôme from Clermont-Ferrand despite the car’s temperature sensor indicating sharp drops in temperature along the ascent, and tell-tale signs of a snow-in from cars passing us by on their descent. We finally got stuck for a while, but that was the first time I’d ever seen real snow in my life, so while the drive was scary (yes the car skidded a little because we didn’t have snow tyres with the rental), the experience was nonetheless satisfying.

can really feel the blast of the icy wind in this shot....

can really feel the blast of the icy wind in this shot....

yeah I could hardly feel my focus ring and I was just fumbling with the camera through my gloves!

Monkey business.
KTM railway, Singapore.

25th January – The KTM railway that joined Singapore to Malaysia was closed in the second half of 2011, and this was taken some time before the closure when everybody decided that they would trek along the tracks for nostalgia’s sake. A couple of monkeys graced the occasion by posing for photos. Glad I got the shot though.

Leica M7 + 50mm Summilux + Kodak E100VS

Last edited: