September Pentaxian Outing - MacRitchie Trails on Sept 20 (Sat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Date : 20th Spet 2008
Time : 8am onwards
Meeting Location : Main entrance by the lake

Getting there:

By Bus
Take bus nos. 52, 74, 93, 130, 132, 156, 157, 162, 165, 166, 167, 852, 855 or 980. Alight along Lornie Road at the bus-stop in front of MacRitchie Reservoir Park.

By Car
Entrance to the MacRitchie Reservoir Park car park is along Lornie Road.

Trip Plan:
We are gonna start from the main entrance at bottom right (refer to the map below), walk along the trails on the right side up to the TreeTop Walk, then turn left all the way around the lake, and back to the main entrance. It'd be a long walk, about 9 to 10km. So please bring some water, snacks (there won't be any shop around) and your rain gear.

If start from 9am, we probably can finish by 2 to 3pm. That's the plan. You can quit anytime you like, but from the main entrance to the TreeTop Walk is about 4.5km. I really suggest you to go there if possible :)

Suggested dress code: casual shirts, long pants, shoes w/ covers (no slippers)
Stuff to bring: water, snacks, rain gear, mosquito repellent, and most important, your Pentax photo gear :D

Participants confirm going

1. art2d2
2. creampuff
3. CY_OH
4. darrrrrrrrrr
5. felixcat8888
6. fengwei (hp: 94281380)
7. flowerpot
8. hjbyeo
9. ishou80
10. istDeS
11. otc
12. P3ntx
13. ahitophel
14. matchkk
15.Equatorer
16.otc
17.Sting

Please keep my number. If you can't find us, please sms/call me so I'd guide you there ;)

Cheers and happy shooting.

Here is the map:

MacRitchieTrails.jpg

Some stuff we can shoot along the way:

IMGP0554.jpg

IMGP0646.JPG

IMGP0680.JPG

IMGP0704.JPG

And of course the monkeys!

IMGP1247_small.jpg

Cheers and happy shooting!

Got duty from Friday night to Saturday 8am, but I'll try to turn up as soon as I can

its a long walk... i tried the last time and its shiong ah... i might not walk the distance... or i just turn up for a while and leave early bah...

i got IPPT in the afternoon else its RT for mi... :(

wah bro, now IPPT one try only?:bsmilie:

hahaa...could be overlook it then window closing..

Wah ... sure bo ... I am not sure how many could take that ler ... just that 5 hrs... *GULP*

Y not start at location Venus Loop if we are going for Tree Top? Save us a couple of kilometres...

Come on guys. My 4 year old little girl is gonna do the full distance, and I'm sure she can do it. You think you can't even match a 4 year old little girl?

If you can't do it, she's gonna kick you butt:

K20D6918_s.jpg

Wah ... sure bo ... I am not sure how many could take that ler ... just that 5 hrs... *GULP*

Y not start at location Venus Loop if we are going for Tree Top? Save us a couple of kilometres...

We can you sure can lah. We take the chance to enjoy the nature at take a walk.

Come on guys. My 4 year old little girl is gonna do the full distance, and I'm sure she can do it. You think you can't even match a 4 year old little girl?

If you can't do it, she's gonna kick you butt:

Sure fengwei. Unless she starts running, we will have hard time catching up with her with our gears.

I'm sure be getting my butt kick by fengwei's daughter on that day ;p I saw the flight of stairs photo and I think I might faint halfway... I have some issues walking too much stairs. :cry:

Wow, nice monkey shot there!
Its like saying "Wassup!!"

I'm sure be getting my butt kick by fengwei's daughter on that day ;p I saw the flight of stairs photo and I think I might faint halfway... I have some issues walking too much stairs. :cry:

It's good for you ... to walk some stairs ;)

My daughter even walked up to the top of the Great Wall and came down too, all the way by herself. After over 2 hours hard walk, she still could fly like this:

K20D0241_s.jpg

It's good for you ... to walk some stairs ;)

My daughter even walked up to the top of the Great Wall and came down too, all the way by herself. After over 2 hours hard walk, she still could fly like this:

Haha.. nice shot, so cute ! Its not that I can't walk stairs, I got asthma, so can't really exercise too much, walking long distance can, but cannot run or climb stairs. So thats explain my size la hehe ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.