Sepang F1 GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastiansong

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Greetings everyone

I intend to go to Sepang for my annual brush with the Speed Demons of Formula 1 Grand Prix. My colleague is joining me but I don noe if she will be bringing her camera...

I am wondering if anyone else is interested in joining me as well?

Ok race day is 17 March (Sunday) and I intend to take the wheelsforfun package of same day travel, arrive for the race, watch and get back to Singapore. I know it is quite tiring but I can assure everyone it is a thrilling experience. The package should not cost more than S$200 (inclusive of meals and transport) We will be sitting in K2 which though not the Grandstand will allow us to see the pit lanes and the first corner of the circuit. In other words, we are at the first hill stand after the starting and all the cars will be charging down to us before braking for the first turn... highly accident prone area and lots of photo opportunity.

btw the Sepang race course is one of the most modern and beautiful piece of architecture. furthermore it is the only GP circuit in the world that promise viewers a 50% view of the entire race course at any one time.

Those interested can contact me at sebastiansong@hotmail.com

Hi, I'm considering.

BTW, wht's the package like? Do I need to self-drive there?

Originally posted by Shadus
Hi, I'm considering.

BTW, wht's the package like? Do I need to self-drive there?

you can check up with www.wheels-for-fun.com.sg for more details.
I went with them before and am quite pleased with their arrangements

there are different packages available but I don see the need to go for the pre race events but that's just me.

You don need to self drive but if you wish, you could as there should be a car convoy going up there. The last time I went, there was a ferrari in the midst speeding away

you've got mail! :D

Greetings again... forgot to include this in the earlier post and many thnx for the reminder

the cost is $135 for a two way coach trip on Sunday 17th March to Sepang and back.
Lunch is at your expense but you will receive a K2 Hill Stand Ticket.

You can call wheels for fun at 235-2591 for more details. They have higher priced packages if you feel that the journey is too rushed or if you prefer to include a few days of shopping in KL.

Sepang is next to KL International Airport (not within walking distance though)

Greetings again

more updates...
$135 would buy you K2 seats... not sure if it is close to the TV but the action would be concentrated on the 2nd and 3rd hairpins...

you can opt to top up $200 (335) to get you a two day pass ticket to K1 (non prime) which has the giant TV screen in front of you and full action of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd (part) hairpins... it is probably a better option if you could afford it as the person in charge said this is where his photographer sat to capture the action.

If you wanna see the straight and the pitlanes... you will need to pay $350(485) more... for K1 (prime tickets)

I am still not too sure about which package to take... wanna save some money..

My apologies to everyone

It is very likely that I will not make the trip to Sepang as originally planned due to work commitments and the possibility of a trip to Japan during March.

I would be most willing to share any information regarding the event with those interested but I cannot guarantee my attendance until March.

Yes Yes and YES!
I wannnnnnna go!

I have dug around the website provided.. Not much detail. Is there an email address to get more info? This is something I have been looking forward to doing since coming to Singapore 8 months ago! Please help ;-)

Thanks!

miker@canada.com
Nikon 950

Originally posted by Bedpan
I have dug around the website provided.. Not much detail. Is there an email address to get more info? This is something I have been looking forward to doing since coming to Singapore 8 months ago! Please help ;-)

Hi Bedpan

what kind of information do you need? kindly specify and I will see how I can help you out. As I will be in Taiwan from tomorrow till Thursday, I cannot promise you a prompt reply unless I wander into a cybercafe

I think the best way to enjoy the GP is the willingness to spend the weekend in KL and travel down to the circuit. That way you will not be stress out. Note that the seats offered from the one day Wheels for Fun are not sheltered and in case of rain could be devastating. Its either you get wet or you get a sunburn (which I got two years ago despite being in the grandstand)

The official web site for the event is
http://www.formula1malaysia.com.my/

hope the above is helpful

The problem I am looking at right now is that I have tickets for Alegria on March 16. Unless I can sell these tickets and get new ones (wife will kill me if we miss it) I will be limited to the 1 day event.

With the Non-grandstand seats you find your own place on the track? I have been to the Canada GP and Toronto Indy a few times so I know what this is like. Hit and Miss at best. Even so the wife and I would love to go for just this.

Any idea on timeline's for Sunday..
Departure from where and when?
Aprox. Return time?
What type of tickets are remaining?
Any advice of thoughts on how to best approach it?

Thanks kindly!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.