Sepang F1 2011

PhotoProZero

Jan 25, 2007
NorthEast
Just wondering if anyone will be interested to go for Sepang F1, 8 - 10 April 2011? Sepang Circuit is having 50% off their tickets. Extended till end of this month, 31st Jan.....Anyone? :)

im definitely going... but not sure yet whether as marshal ( still processing ) or spectator only ... you wanna organize a road trip?

Haha, thanks but no thanks! I assume that u r gg up wif some car grp?

Just wondering if anyone will be interested to go for Sepang F1, 8 - 10 April 2011? Sepang Circuit is having 50% off their tickets. Extended till end of this month, 31st Jan.....Anyone? :)

you plan to take what transport to sepang?

Hi there, I'll be going with a fren on Saturday, can't get off work in time on Friday to catch the practices. Where will you guys be seating?

interested to go, but no ride to travel there.
anyone can give me a ride? :embrass:

will offer to share petrol fees :)

Yes, I'm flying in by budget air on Saturday, got tickets at the K1 section, hope I'll get a decent view from there. :)

interested to go, but no ride to travel there.
anyone can give me a ride? :embrass:

will offer to share petrol fees :)

Anyone thinking of flying in, budget air? :)

What sort of itinerary are you guys looking at? (ie drive up and down on the same day? Stay 1 night?)
Have been once before and don't mind going again just to watch the race and hear the roar of the V8 engines @ 19000rpm ;p
Might be fun to go in a group. I can drive up.
If I go (and I don't promise anything yet), I would be interested in the covered hillstand section, which is going for RM120 (according to the website).

What sort of itinerary are you guys looking at? (ie drive up and down on the same day? Stay 1 night?)
Have been once before and don't mind going again just to watch the race and hear the roar of the V8 engines @ 19000rpm ;p
Might be fun to go in a group. I can drive up.
If I go (and I don't promise anything yet), I would be interested in the covered hillstand section, which is going for RM120 (according to the website).

Can i join in?

ZCA, glad to know you're interested! Any idea when you can be sure that you can make it?

I might go there this month to check things out... where best to get a hotel room, etc etc...

kriegsketten said:
ZCA, glad to know you're interested! Any idea when you can be sure that you can make it?

I might go there this month to check things out... where best to get a hotel room, etc etc...

So far my schedule is ok. I don't think I wanna watch more than 1 day of racing. So for me, Sunday is sufficient.
The only issue is the traveling time and possible jams.
I would probably choose to spend Sunday night in Malaysia, on my way back, and cross back to Singapore on Monday.
So Sun early morning head north.
After race head south and stay 1 night (maybe Malacca), then back to Singapore maybe Monday morning.

I will most likely to take an evening coach up to KL, take a break, go to the circuit on Saturday for the qualifying, Sunday for the race and return only on Monday. I think it's abit too rush and stressful to carry bags and cam around the circuit.

By Coach, Luxury Tours and some smaller official travel agency (mostly run by Malays - pls pardon me, not being racist yah?! lol) will package Hotel/Ticket and transfers.

For the past years, I have stayed in various hotels in KL - from 5 stars to 3 stars hotel (well, I used to bring avid F1 fans up to Sepang)..and I'm actually quite comfortable staying in Radius Int'l just for sleeping. It is located near Jln.Alor (famous food street) in KL, abt 5 mins walk. And abt 10 mins walk to Sungei Wang and other shopping centres.

For me to rent a 8-seater van is not worthwhile. Better off to rent a car and travel together. Car rental + Insurance will be about S$120 a day (for M'sia use). Carpark Pass is between RM50 - RM150 (depending where is the carpark location...) for 3 days.

Tickets, of course sold separately. I have so far only watched from the Mall area and Grandstand F. Fav is Citrine as I get a good view of half of the circuit. K1 Platinum (unless you get almost the next blk to K Gold) you get a good view of the starting grid and T1 and T2.

The other popular seats are the K2 Hillstand RM60 (non-covered grassland) & C2 Covered Hillstand RM120 (grassland, which is pretty useless if it's gg to rain heavily like last year!!!) which are the cheapest.

If anyone's interested to go as a group, you can PM me. :) See if I can put together something. :)

Cheers Peeps!

Happy Rabbit New year!!!

Gong Xi Gong Xi!!

I will most likely to take an evening coach up to KL, take a break, go to the circuit on Saturday for the qualifying, Sunday for the race and return only on Monday. I think it's abit too rush and stressful to carry bags and cam around the circuit.

By Coach, Luxury Tours and some smaller official travel agency (mostly run by Malays - pls pardon me, not being racist yah?! lol) will package Hotel/Ticket and transfers.

For the past years, I have stayed in various hotels in KL - from 5 stars to 3 stars hotel (well, I used to bring avid F1 fans up to Sepang)..and I'm actually quite comfortable staying in Radius Int'l just for sleeping. It is located near Jln.Alor (famous food street) in KL, abt 5 mins walk. And abt 10 mins walk to Sungei Wang and other shopping centres.

For me to rent a 8-seater van is not worthwhile. Better off to rent a car and travel together. Car rental + Insurance will be about S$120 a day (for M'sia use). Carpark Pass is between RM50 - RM150 (depending where is the carpark location...) for 3 days.

Tickets, of course sold separately. I have so far only watched from the Mall area and Grandstand F. Fav is Citrine as I get a good view of half of the circuit. K1 Platinum (unless you get almost the next blk to K Gold) you get a good view of the starting grid and T1 and T2.

The other popular seats are the K2 Hillstand RM60 (non-covered grassland) & C2 Covered Hillstand RM120 (grassland, which is pretty useless if it's gg to rain heavily like last year!!!) which are the cheapest.

If anyone's interested to go as a group, you can PM me. :) See if I can put together something. :)

Cheers Peeps!

Happy Rabbit New year!!!

Gong Xi Gong Xi!!
I am intending (if I go) to drive, which doesn't suit your plans anyway.
Apologies for 'hijacking' your thread and derailing the discussion.

kriegs, we could discuss this further in kopitiam thread.

I am intending (if I go) to drive, which doesn't suit your plans anyway.
Apologies for 'hijacking' your thread and derailing the discussion.

kriegs, we could discuss this further in kopitiam thread.

No worries, just sharing for the benefit of others! :)