Seoul - Travelling and maybe camera shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi guys..

Just need some suggestions on what to do in Seoul if i go there for 2 days over the weekends. prob go sometime this month or next.

Also, is Seoul a good place to buy camera/lenses now since the won is about 1k/1SGD now.;p

TIA!

camera shops are at namdaemon

DSC_9683.jpg

this is where you buy camera stuff

Go all the way to Seoul just for 2 days? You should stay longer.. :D

Markins is cheap there....

they speak some english
but it would do you good if you speak a little korean

bring pictures of the product

I was in Seoul for a few days in mid 2007 but haven't really seen any camera shops though. Was in Myeongdong, but most of the stuffs there are food and clothing.

myeondong is beautiful..! yeah myeondong is more like our bugis street. just bigger scale.

namdaemun is this really messy place. i think the camera shops are closer to the new funky post office building and the japanese department store. the post office is like a building split in half.. i think it's on the perimeter of namdaemun. yong san there also have some camera shops.

you could bring a pocket dictionary [my frenz use to bring em around], they speak english slower and process the info takes awhile. definitely bring pictures, maybe from a magazine.

btw some simple words. not accurate but might work just in case. =)
han guk molayo - i duno how to speak korean.
yigo olma eh yo - how much is this?
pisayo - expensive
kaka chuseyo - gimme discount. i'm not sure about this.

Go all the way to Seoul just for 2 days? You should stay longer.. :D
It's just for a stopover as i flying to shandong in china... thinking of transiting there instead of my usual shanghai/beijing routine.

myeondong is beautiful..! yeah myeondong is more like our bugis street. just bigger scale.

namdaemun is this really messy place. i think the camera shops are closer to the new funky post office building and the japanese department store. the post office is like a building split in half.. i think it's on the perimeter of namdaemun. yong san there also have some camera shops.

you could bring a pocket dictionary [my frenz use to bring em around], they speak english slower and process the info takes awhile. definitely bring pictures, maybe from a magazine.

btw some simple words. not accurate but might work just in case. =)
han guk molayo - i duno how to speak korean.
yigo olma eh yo - how much is this?
pisayo - expensive
kaka chuseyo - gimme discount. i'm not sure about this.
thanks for the info, just not sure pricing wise is it cheaper than say HK? :p i can stop over in HK also... if i want to. hehe

they speak some english
but it would do you good if you speak a little korean

bring pictures of the product
Thanks.. i think camera and lens shd be ok... can point at pictures/display or write the model.. and price just press calculator lor... LOL

Thanks.. i think camera and lens shd be ok... can point at pictures/display or write the model.. and price just press calculator lor... LOL
Thanks for all the replies... any suggestions on where to walk around? Just some basic guide around Seoul.

dongdaemun items r cheaper than items in nandaemun.

Naedaemum is yr best bet. The row of shops are very near the burnt down gate. Not sure how to orientate you but if you alight at Subway station of City Hall and get out at Seoul Plaza Hotel, you should walk AWAY from the City Squ along the st towards Naedaemum. City Squ has a skating ring there now.

Anyway, the prices 2 weeks back is similar to SG. Only slightly cheaper for the 70-200mm F2.6 IS. Oh, but I m refering to pre price hike prices! Unless u pay cash, they also wack 3% on top.

N yes, Dongdaemum does not sell cameras.

camera shops are at namdaemon

DSC_9683.jpg

this is where you buy camera stuff

Behind this block, there are a few small 2nd hand shops that sells good deals as well.
If you go the other way (along the main road), walk a bit further and you will see more underground camera shops. (like Umeda in Osaka, Japan)

Because of their climate, the lenses are in very good condition

Another simple words:
Thank you: kam sia hap nida

yeah, along the street also have lots of camera shops

there was an underpass just beside shinsegae that has camera shops too

Behind this block, there are a few small 2nd hand shops that sells good deals as well.
If you go the other way (along the main road), walk a bit further and you will see more underground camera shops. (like Umeda in Osaka, Japan)

Because of their climate, the lenses are in very good condition

Another simple words:
Thank you: kam sia hap nida

Thank you is 'gamsa hamnida'.

Status
Not open for further replies.